Difference between revisions of "227 release notes"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=.coma, .com, .]//
== [30.03.08] 227c release ==
== [30.03.08] 227c release ==
Revision as of 12:40, 19 December 2008
[30.03.08] 227c release
- quadshot accessed nones - fixed
- Player "fell out of the world!" when walking over decorations - fixed
- SoftwareRendering didnt work fullscreen - fixed
- coop server item respawn bug - fixed
- Cant find ByteProperty'VoicePitch' - fixed
- Vortex2 Bug (Playerstart) - fixed
- Sound pitch changes - fixed
- ExtremeLab tubeportals (warpzones) are to slow - fixed
- OldWeapons.u didnt make it into 227b although promised - fixed (sorry for that one)
- The widescreen support is not being applied online - fixed
- UMenu HUD no preview - fixed
- Error handler not working - fixed.
- UMenu - Playersetup - Teamcolor wasn't read out of user settings - fixed
- error not being able to see PreLogin error on Mid-Screen (just as server is at capacity) - fixed
- Fixed player spidering movement issues.
- Fixed player spidering animations to better one.
- Fixed NaliPlayer to use UT'99 NaliPlayer model (one which has weapon triangle).
- Added EngineSubVer variable to LevelInfo to define version number (1=a, 2=b, 3=c).
- Changed ServerQuery to add EngineSubVer for GameVersion number (227 + a/b/c/d etc..).
- Added that older 227 clients (227a, 227b) can't join newer 227 version servers (227c).
- Removed "SpawnPlayActor" and "Incoming travelling actor" logging.
- UBrowser select input keys not working in linux - fixed
- Console set to ";" key in linux
- "shift" key not working by default in linux (ini setting) - fixed
- fixed possible coopgame server crash when monster is attacking a player while leaving.
- umenu player class selection mesh scale - adjusted to work for naliplayer as well.
- OpenAL: some sounds not playing correctly - fixed.
- some weird warpzones crashing Unreal when playing online - fixed.
- fixed bug with skaarj not behaving correctly in vortex2
- another few server fixes for reported crashes (details of these wouldn't help anyone here :) )
- added / fixed SDLSoftDrv for Linux - Now there are OpenGL and Software rendering for Linux version.
- fixed SDLGLDrv for Linux. Although maybe a bad idea to use it for playing (it lacks many features and is really not very
far advanced), it may be useful for debugging or for some low-end systems. To use it, you need to start it with "./UnrealLinux.bin -noforcesdldrv"
- Enhanced the UWindow EditBox to make it possible to select text with mouse and Copy/Paste text in it.
- Added a Music Player Menu (now default key to open it on F8), which lets you listen to custom musics while playing. Be
aware that many anti-cheat mods may not like the custom musics!
- Fixed "Never switch on pickup" option, so client can chose whatever they automatly switch to best weapon on pickup.
- On UMenu.UnrealConsole, you can enable UWindow debug mode (Tools > Debug mode) to debug your own menus
while making them.
- Fixed UWindow Win95 LookAndFeel some rendering errors (with menu backgrounds and buttons).
- UMenu: Added Win 95 "LookAndFeel" as selectable GUI interface option now.
- TraverseForm crash (on some maps) - fixed
- fixed some problems with older clients and mods
[05.04.08] 227d release
- Slithprojectile not vanishing on dedicated servers - fixed
- Spawning many Skaarj Player Bots may crash Unreal - fixed
- Translator message for hints - added
- Server wandering port fixed - essential fix for server admin
- DmRetrospective not showing gibs - fixed
- Inventory HUD bug, charge being drawn from one side to another - fixed
Pickup sound Switch to other weapon if 0 ammo Not being able to select/deselect when 0 ammo but still ammo loaded in the barrels - fixed and size adjusted
- Changed console behavior to display messages without calling it once first
- Black screen bug caused by division by 0 fixed, an obscure bug, will help a few mods.
- Client not directly connecting after downloading a map – fixed
[19.07.08] 227e release
- Fixed OpenAL in Linux version
- Fixed loading savegames in Linux version crashed game
- Fixed UBrowser Menu (classic) for Linux
- Fixed Galaxy reverb crashes.
- Fixed bleeding damage ignoring settings
- Fixed slow download speed for server without redirect. Added a new option: AllowFastDownload:
True = Speed like older servers False = Reduced speed like pre 227e servers for low bandwidth connection Servers
- Built-in ban manager has been changed to save all bans in a new file called "Security.ini"
- Fixed so last jump dosent cause an "ghost" jump in online games.
- Fixed support with multiple jumpboots (custom mods).
- Fixed broken shield effect on online games.
- Fixed UED2 crashed when using MyLevel
- Fixed UED2 crashed when closing it
- Fixed UED2 group browser checkbox was inverted
- Fixed UED2 after you load script with longer name, with first letter of script with name you are trying to load you CANT
load it (for example, you cant loading Male after loading MaleOne)
- Added support for playing special Nali/Male 1/Female 2 skins.
- Added support for importing and playing Ogg Vorbis music files (in editor on Music Browser or in game as map music).
(For OpenAL and FMod use only!) FMod: Added in ALAudio alike "AStat Audio" and "AStat Detail" commands. Fixed the reveb issue with maps like QueenEnd. Added in a new option to enable Sound Attenuate (sounds that are played behind walls are heard in lower volume).
- Added IP/Name/ID playerlogger for Servers and messaging it for server admins/server log which will stored in
Security.ini too if GameInfo bMessageAdminsAliases/bLogNewPlayerAliases are true. Like the banning system, this feature is only available for 227 clients.
- Added Web-Administration support
A WebServer administration page. Features: -Restart map - Restart currently playing map. -Switch map - Switch map to selected map/game/mutators (note that maplists configure must be enabled to access maplist). -Current game - You see list of players (ID/Name/Ping/Score/IP) and controls to Kick/Ban them. -Server console - See a list of chat messages in server aswell a command line where you can chat with the players to execute a command on server. -Banlist - See a full list of all banned clients, also lets you unban them. -Defaults - Server configure page:
- Main Game config - Lets you configure basic game rules (such as max players/server packages/server actors/redirecting
- ServerInfo config - Lets you configure public server rules (such as server name/admin name/MOTD).
- Maplists - lets you configure maplists (for DeathMatch based games, NOT for Coop).
- Mod Configures - Custom mods configures page (by default it contains configures for DeathMatch, TeamGame,
Cooperative). -Changed to little better interface and added a config option for the new 227e "AllowFastDownload" flag. Read the included UWebReadme.txt for more info.
- Added in an "OverridePrelogin" function for GameRules to modify prelogin allowance or something (its called directly
after GameInfo Prelogin).
- Added in a new class 'PlayerClassManager' which allows custom mods to temporarly adding in to player settings some
new player classes/skins for that game only.
Added a new variable "bNetNotify" and a new event "PostNetReceive", can be used by mod authors for notifing whenever a replicated variable has been changed on client (whenever bNetNotify is True).
Added in a config option to set initial startup page (Advanced Options > Networking > UBrowser > InitialPage).
- Added some new native functions to enhance UScripting:
native final function Object FindObject( Class ObjClass, string ObjectName );
-Find an object based on object name/class.
native final function Class GetParentClass( Class ObjClass );
-Get Parent class of a desired class.
native final iterator function AllObjects( class BaseClass, out Object Obj );
-Iterate through all objects in game.
native final iterator function AllFiles( string FileExtension, string FilePrefix, out string FileName );
-Iterate through all Unreal Package files (u, umx, utx, uax...).
native final function Actor SpawnAct( Class ActClass, vector Loc, optional rotator Rota, optional name ActName, optional Actor Own, optional Pawn Instigat, optional Actor Template, optional bool bMayColFail );
-Spawn an actor class with some additional parameters.
native(1722) final function bool CanReachPoint( vector Start, vector End, float ColRadius, float ColHeight, float JumpZ, float XYSpeed );
-A point reachability function for AI use.
static native final function NativeExec( string Cmd );
-Pretty much same as 'ConsoleCommand' except it's static function.
static native final function byte GetConState( NetConnection Other );
-Get connection state out of a net connection.
static native final function string GetConIP( NetConnection Other, out int Port );
-Get net connection IP aswell as Port.
static native final function string GetConOpts( NetConnection Other );
-Get net connection options (?Name=(Leader)-Dante?Class=UnrealShare.Male3?etc...).
native final function bool HasDownloaders();
-Fast check if current game has some downloaders.
native final iterator function AllConnections( out NetConnection Connect );
-Iterate through all connections currently on server.
native final iterator function AllDownloaders( out NetConnection Connect, out string File, out int Sent, out int TotalSz );
-Iterate through all downloaders on server.
native final function PointRegion GetLocZone( vector Pos );
-Get the zone out of a desired location.
native final function Object AllocateObj( Class ObjClass );
native final function FreeObject( Object Obj );
-For storing temporarly objects/actors that can be reused later.
native final function int GenReachSpec( Actor Start, Actor End, int Dist, int ColR, int ColH, int RchFlgs, bool bPruned );
-Generate reachspec for current map.
native final function bool EditReach( int Idx, optional Actor Start, optional Actor End, optional int Dist, optional int
ColR, optional int ColH, optional int RchFlgs, optional bool bPruned );
-Edit an excisting reachspec in current map.
native final function bool RemoveReachSpec( int Idx );
-Remove a reachspec from the current map.
native final function Draw2DLine( Color Col, vector Start, vector End );
-Draw a 2D line on the screen.
native final function Draw3DLine( Color Col, vector Start, vector End );
-Draw a 3D line in world.
native final function vector WorldToScreen( vector WorldPos );
-Convert world coordinates to screen coordinates.
native final function vector ScreenToWorld( vector ScreenPos );
-Convert screen coordinates to world coordinates.
native final function DrawPathNetwork( bool bOnlyWalkable );
-Render current map's path network (with 3D lines).
native final function coords GetCameraCoords();
-Get the current camera location and rotation.
- Added a new command for server admins : admin UGetConnections it shows current connection ips, player names, and
- Added a new emitter particle system (Emitter.u/Emitter.dll) which is handeled 99 % in C++ scripts (giving a huge speed
boost), currently it supports:
-Normal sprite emitter
- Beam emitter
Full variables explanation:
== XEmitter: ==
bDisabled - Emitter is disable, no more spawning new particles.
bRespawnParticles - Respawn particles that have died.
bAutoDestroy - Auto-destroy emitter actor after all particles have died (can be used for temp effects).
bAutoReset - Auto-reset emitter after all particles have died and AutoResetTime has passed.
bSpawnInitParticles - Spawn initial particles, or else wait for possible auto-reset (only when bRespawnParticles is false).
bStasisEmitter - Smilar to Actor bStasis, but stop updating particles once player isnt seeing the emitter zone.
MaxParticles - Maximum amount of particles.
ParticlesPerSec - Amount of particles to spawn per second (0 = auto assign the value).
LifetimeRange - How long time particles should live.
bRevolutionEnabled - Particle revolving should be enabled.
RevolutionOffset - Revolving offset for the particles.
RevolutionsPerSec - Revolving speed.
ParticleTextures - Random/Animation sprite frames for particles.
bUseRandomTex - Should use random frame or else animate the textures.
ParticleStyle - The style of the particles.
StartingScale - Starting scale of the particles.
TimeScale - Time scaling of the particles (timescale 0-1).
FadeInTime - Fade in time scale (0-1).
FadeOutTime - Fade out start time (0-1).
FadeInMaxAmount - Max scale glow when fully faded in (0-2).
SpawnPosType - Should use Box/Sphere/Cylinder spawn offset?
BoxLocation - Box spawning offset for particles.
SphereCylinderRange - Sphere/Cylinder offset range.
bRelativeToRotation - Spawning offset should be in relative to actor rotation.
bUseRelativeLocation - All particles location/rotation/velocity should be relative to actor?
TriggerAction - Emitter actor triggering action.
SpawnParts - If spawn particles, then how many?
SpeedScale - Particles speed scale in relative time (0-1).
ParticleAcceleration - Particles acceleration range.
SpawnVelType - Whatever it should use Box/Sphere/Clinder velocity for the particle.
BoxVelocity - Box velocity for particles.
SphereCylVelocity - Sphere/Clinder range.
bVelRelativeToRotation - Velocity should be relative to actor rotation?
bCylRangeBasedOnPos - Sphere/Cylinder velocity range should be relative to particle spawn offset?
ParticleCollision - Collision type: Nothing/Walls/All Actors/Projectile target actors.
ParticleExtent - Particle collision size.
ParticleBounchyness - Bounchyness of the particles (when hitting wall/actor).
bLightParticles - Particles should have lighting.
PartLightBrightness - Particle light brightness.
PartHue - Light hue.
PartSaturation - Light saturation.
PartLightRadius - Light radius.
ImpactSound - Particle impact sound (when hitting wall/actor).
SpawnSound - Particle spawn sound.
DestroySound - Particle destroy sound.
== XMeshEmitter: ==
ParticleMesh - Display mesh of the particle.
bRenderParticles - Should render mesh in "bParticles".
bParticlesRandFrame - Should particles mesh use random texture animation frame.
ParticleRotation - Particles rotation type.
bRelativeToMoveDir - Particles should have rotation relative to movement direction.
RotationsPerSec - Rotation rate of particles.
InitialRot - Initial rotation of the particles.
bAnimateParticles - Particles should animate.
ParticleAnim - Particle anim sequence.
PartAnimRate - Particle anim rate.
bPartAnimLoop - Particle should loop animation.
PartTextures - Random texture for the particles.
Position - Spawning offset around player camera.
AppearArea - Appearance area around actor location (when AppearAreaType is Area).
Lifetime - Particle lifetime.
Speed - Particle speed.
Size - Particle size.
Force - Particles force.
WeatherType - Whatever the weather type is Rain/Snow/Dust (falling type).
ParticleCount - Maximum number of particles.
PartStyle - Style of particles.
Realtime view support in Editor
Report bugs and comments in the Oldunreal forums http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
Here is a small list with people that helped me in this project (no special order, without any single person of them It would have been much harder if not impossible). Please forgive me and gimme a notice if I missed someone, but over all the time my tortured brain is maybe failing...
- Epic for giving me this chance!
- UTPG for their work in UT which helped me very much
- Shambler - native coding, anticheat, many things more and being patient with my stupid questions :)
- Wolf - Anticheat and help in Uscript, help in adding features, advices and being there for me and this project anytime
- Smpdev for his great OpenGL, D3D8 and D3D9, and advices in native coding.
- Kerilk for FMOD and helping me with OpenAL and being patient with my stupid questions also :)
- Asgard12000 for tons of script fixes
- Zombie for script-fixes, security issues
- KAOSCasey Script fixes, blood Effects, testing, bug hunting
- .:..: Script fixes, native Coding additions (such as Particle-Emitter), bug hunting, many other additions
- Bozo, for tons of fixed meshes- maybe not that obvious as other things, but must have been a hell a lot of work, and can be seen if you watch all the lovely details.
- Raven for nice addons and new features like ParticleEmitter
- Krull for his 227 map DMRetrospective
- SA-Digimes for hosting my Oldunreal-Serpentine server, which I needed badly for testing
- DieHard for his great High-Resolution Textures, which make 227 more beautiful than ever
- HyperNL for his Enhanced ServerBrowser and for his intense server testing
- Turboman for his skeletal mesh testing and UMenu background
- My girl for helping me with decals and especially for being patient Tongue
- Shivaxi for bughunting, some footstepsounds
- Pitbull for a nice chat in the night
- All friends who offered me mirroring
- The community here which helps me to find and fix the bugs
- And of course all I may forgot now and all who donated to Oldunreal, helping me to pay and maintain Oldunreal