For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Happy Birthday Unreal

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Smirftsch
Administrator

Happy Birthday Unreal

Post by Smirftsch »

I suppose? :)

Made some news on the frontpage: https://www.oldunreal.com/
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
eGo
OldUnreal Member

Re: Happy Birthday Unreal

Post by eGo »

It's done when it's done. ;)

Yeah, 24 years old baby...we are very old right now. ;D
Moved from Unreal 227 to Unreal General Forum on Sun May 22, 2022 1:59 pm by Smirftsch

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
JOY!

P.S.: After a certain age one gets more responsibilities and it gets harder and harder. EF YOU REAL LIFE, YOU BEETCH!
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Happy birthday, Unreal!!!
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

I feel old now. Happy birthday Unreal.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Happy birthday unliving thing. lol

No but seriously it feels weird wishing birthday to a game.
joeydonbaker
OldUnreal Member

Post by joeydonbaker »

Happy birthday there old man Unreal! If you're old, I guess that makes me a pretty old fart too. Wow the 24 years went by fast.
Moonblister

Post by Moonblister »

I Googled Unreal game and up came this site, which I had forgot existed. I was a founding member of the Unreal Old Farts clan back in 1998. Also a member of Rouge Mercenaries {RM}Drone . Glad to see someone still plays the game . I was at the frag party that Epic threw back before UT was released in Cary NC . Got to play against Cliff and Mark. The kid named Toad who was the best in the world at the time was there too. I;ll have to dig out my old install disk and load it up for old times sake. :)
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Moonblister wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:21 pm I Googled Unreal game and up came this site, which I had forgot existed. I was a founding member of the Unreal Old Farts clan back in 1998. Also a member of Rouge Mercenaries {RM}Drone . Glad to see someone still plays the game . I was at the frag party that Epic threw back before UT was released in Cary NC . Got to play against Cliff and Mark. The kid named Toad who was the best in the world at the time was there too. I;ll have to dig out my old install disk and load it up for old times sake. :)
Would it be possible you have any old and lost mods from those early times? Like capture the cow etcetera, or the old unreal 2d. or hell, even the old unreal server lobby that is currently not preserved...

it was downloadable as index.unr from the tech site for server admins. For preservation it would help if one person would have kept this somewhere even if in a cache...
sikatsu
OldUnreal Member

Post by sikatsu »

Still alive 😉
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

Yup, Unreal is 25 years old this May. I was co-founder of (mars) clan, which is 20 years old. There's still a few (mars) tags in Warzone, and a few other online games. Me, I'm 57 this coming Halloween. It's amazing how time goes quicker the older you get. When I was a kid summers would last forever, and now they're over in a blink. It's nice to see the Unreal logo pop up on various games published today. And it all started with us, the Unreal community. Back then we provided the online gaming experience for Epic games, free to players around the world. And Oldunreal was our home. Where we sat around the dinner table and shared our joy of this game.

;)
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Goddam, hard to believe I signed up here for Unreal's 10th birthday and I've always felt like a newbie, but here I am, a member for 15 years and this old game is now ancient.
You must construct additional pylons.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hellkeeper wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:31 pm Goddam, hard to believe I signed up here for Unreal's 10th birthday and I've always felt like a newbie, but here I am, a member for 15 years and this old game is now ancient.
Watch out or you'll be attracting Luke with "mythical, ancient old Unreal game" now.

When I once posted a sentence with "mythical ancient" something in it he later personally asked me why I mentioned it.

Also he once put an image of a temple from one of the "cancelled addons" screenshots into "AI" image generator and gave it a discription of "Mythical Ancient Temple".

Imagine if such map really existed with such name, say in an official expansion pack or so. Or if all the temple maps in Unreal suddenly got their title replaced (via mutator that will be easy actually) with "Mythical Ancient Temple".

(like seriously, check for the string ~ that contains "temple" in it, in Level.Title (of the levelinfo) and if so have the new title be Mythical Ancient Temple, LOL)
Baal
OldUnreal Member

Post by Baal »

Happy 25th birthday Unreal !! Long time no see :)

Baal (KWAK)
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Baal wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:14 am Happy 25th birthday Unreal !! Long time no see :)

Baal (KWAK)
Welcome Back Baal.

Always loved your silly guild name. KWAK is Quack in Dutch.
And then the Knights of War that have Access to Kill. Which is very important as to Kill is the purpose of Deatchmatch so you better have access to it. In fact, it is hard to imagine Knights of War without the access to kill. But these Knight of War do so Killing is no problem, which makes them dreadful Knights in Deathmatch.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Wishbone
OldUnreal Member

Post by Wishbone »

Happy Birthday
mentalhunter
OldUnreal Member

Post by mentalhunter »

Cant believe i missed this legendary topic. Cant believe it's already been 25 years since my dad knocked on my bedroom door and handed me the Unreal CD that would open up a world for me i could never ever forget. Happy birthday, Unreal. For many, many years to come. Still to this day, the best video game i ever played or even read about.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

mentalhunter wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:21 am Cant believe i missed this legendary topic. Cant believe it's already been 25 years since my dad knocked on my bedroom door and handed me the Unreal CD that would open up a world for me i could never ever forget. Happy birthday, Unreal. For many, many years to come. Still to this day, the best video game i ever played or even read about.
Hi. It's been a long time, sorry I didn't notice you messages me. I responded to your message (via your other account I think).

But welcome back!

Return to “Unreal General Forum”