Talk:Oldunreal Localization Project
what font includes characters such as ç Ç ã Ã à À ê Ê? In translator they are hidden, in player chat they show up as squares.
depends, in 227g I've included a new UWindowFonts which should contain all necessary chars. Currently working for Windows only, since Linux version still on ANSI.--admin 06:46, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
My god, the French translation is so high-quality, I wonder what beautiful, subtle, refined and godly individual can do such a more-than-professional work and keep it up to date ! Hellkeeper 21:45, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
Sound changes for 227j
Some of the original RTNP sounds have been changed during 227j development cycle for the subtitle feature. I need native translators to split the sound files like the english sounds. For more infos about that contact me via oldunreal pn or icq 96317765
Jan "eGo" Urbansky - 10:13, 17 January 2015 (UTC)
Dirty templates for translate UT stuff
I generate *.rut from *.int files. Of course it is dirty template, which need manual review. I even do not mess with placeholders because it is useless - in any case need manual review. Also I add comment before each changed line with original EN line.
I looked at what's going on on the wiki and I have a few comments on this:
1. These are all templates. It is not always possible to load them directly. But they can be very helpful in translating.
2. I have little idea how this heap of wiki pages turns into real files. Perhaps you should use something more appropriate than a wiki. For example: https://www.oneskyapp.com/ But too much work has already been done for you to go so easily. But it might still be worth considering this possibility.
3. I definitely won't do translations. I may one day generate a translation template. This concludes my work. I will not even load 140+ files manually into your (extremely inconvenient system) for each language. Seriously. It smacks of masochism. And you very much slow down and complicate the translation by all this. To make a translation into one language takes about a week of unhurried work. There are 3453 different text lines. If you know the language and have my template, then it is quite possible to make a complete translation in one full day. From your wiki, this will take an incredibly long time simply due to the inconvenience of the system itself. You will be fighting the wiki most of the time, not translating. And I have no idea how it can be tested. It's very good if the admins have some scripts that I can extract everything and they regularly upload snapshots somewhere.
4. I see 12 languages. I can make templates for all of them. Regardless of the current translation progress. Maybe this will help someone.
German (.det), French (.frt), Spanish (.est), Italian (.itt), Russian (.rut), Polish (.plt), Portuguese (.ptt), Hungarian (.hut), Czech (.czt), Swedish (.set), Catalan (.ctt), Dutch (.nlt): File:SystemLocalized.zip
Norwegian (.not): File:Norwegian templates (.not).zip
- I have a plan in mind using your templates, but that plan will have to wait until Friday. --Neon Knight (talk) 13:12, 18 March 2021 (CET)
- Well, I'll copy what I answered in UT99.org, it's my final decision regarding this: In the end, I've decided to go in a different path: considering help is at an all-time low in this area (and certainly the disheartening and demotivating "people should play in english" messages DO a lot to repel a lot of potential contributors, whether it's their intention to do so or not), I've decided to use both Github and the Wiki, so if one wants to help via Github they're welcome to do so, and if they want to help via Wiki they're also welcome to do so. That said, and although they have quite a lot of errors, your templates are the base of the whole project, so thank you so much for them! In fact they helped me a lot to spot errors on the Spanish localization as well! --Neon Knight (talk) 16:59, 22 June 2021 (CEST)