For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

mp3 support for unreal ed

This forum is for the new audio renderer for UEngine 1 based games, like Unreal, UnrealTournament, DeusEx and Rune. Missing a Game? Want to develop yourself? Let us know!
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: mp3 support for unreal ed

Post by GreatEmerald »

Well, 48k sampling rate is a good value, too, even if 44.1k is more common.

Eh, for simple conversions the FFmpeg command is as simple:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i MP3.mp3 -codec:a vorbis OGG.ogg
...or libvorbis, depends on the FFmpeg version.
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William(Rainman)
OldUnreal Member

Post by William(Rainman) »

Thanks @IsUnreal and @GreatEmerald I got it to work every time i tried to Open the Song under Music the Editor would Crash, I clicked Import and it worked fine.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

sorry, didn't have much time, but pretty everything was said already :)

and @wiki comment: wiki is for everyone, you could simply add it? I know a lot of stuff is missing yet, but I just don't have the time for everything...
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Why isnt this type of thing documented in the oldunreal wiki ? wiki fail
It isn't there because you didn't add it. There are 3 oldunreal members active on the wiki, they can't do everything.

Also, it [url=http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php?title=Using_Ogg-Vorbis_Musics]FWCKING IS THERE[/url].

And it's been there for 5 years, are you kidding me ?
You must construct additional pylons.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

I am  sorry hellkeeper, i know how much work you put into that wiki.
If I knew that info existed ,I would have just linked to it....

I honestly didnt bother to look  other then a quick site:oldunreal search since  the 227 documentation is usually  lacking still.

/quote/you could simply add it? I know a lot of stuff is missing yet/quote/

Im kinda sorry  to complain when i could  instead be contributing information myself,
I tried 30 times to register on the wiki and it told my me captha / confirmation code was incorrect  every time , despite it being very  easy unreal related words.  mabye a browser problem or something idk , i wasnt about to waste another 30 minutes tryng some more.

Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

it lacks howto's for 227 features, that's unfortunately true, although some things are already there. But the release notes contain the base information at least...
There was some problem with the wiki in between which is fixed, don't know when you tried it, maybe it was at this time.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

it lacks howto's for 227 features, that's unfortunately true, although some things are already there. But the release notes contain the base information at least...
There was some problem with the wiki in between which is fixed, don't know when you tried it, maybe it was at this time.
I took the time to try again  a few minutes ago, and this is what i got , the 5 times i tried. i got   the  words
nitrogenslith
translato
chrizanaligod and powershield
all  of witch it  just gives me this error

I m using firefox 13.0.1 and i dont have any cookies or anything disabled. any ideas what going on?
Is there some sort of trick im missing , do they need caps or not ? i tried with nad without caps and case , and single and two words with spaces , and got the same issue?
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pprabhu

Post by pprabhu »

I took the time to try again  a few minutes ago, and this is what i got , the 5 times i tried. i got   the  words
nitrogenslith
translato
chrizanaligod and powershield
all  of witch it  just gives me this error

I m using firefox 13.0.1 and i dont have any cookies or anything disabled. any ideas what going on?
Is there some sort of trick im missing , do they need caps or not ? i tried with nad without caps and case , and single and  two words with spaces , and got  the same issue?
Perhaps you should have paid more attention in your signal processing class, grasshopper...

Simply run the image through a lowpass filter to remove the noise. That is, perform a Gaussian blur operation on the image...
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

thanks for reporting that, tried myself and indeed something was messed up. Wondering nobody ever reported that and since when...
Anyway, changed the captcha method to something new and now its working :)
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

Perhaps you should have paid more attention in your signal processing class, grasshopper...

Simply run the image through a lowpass filter to remove the noise. That is, perform a Gaussian blur operation on the image...
Lmao

Return to “ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games”