For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

FMod makes Harobed music sound funny

This forum is for the new audio renderer for UEngine 1 based games, like Unreal, UnrealTournament, DeusEx and Rune. Missing a Game? Want to develop yourself? Let us know!
-Shadow-
OldUnreal Member

FMod makes Harobed music sound funny

Post by -Shadow- »

When I use FMod, the music for Harobed Village just sounds ridiculous. The sustained notes in the song are always short and it makes it sound weird. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Nanodesu!
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Re: FMod makes Harobed music sound funny

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

Yeah, we need the original ST3.EXE playback routine code. FMod is a hideous module file player, the only thing's that ever properly played S3M files are ST3.EXE itself or the musicdisk players that were written by Future Crew.

Same goes for XM and IT, the only things capable of ever playing those back accurately are the FT2.EXE and IT.EXE respectively.
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil

Return to “ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games”