For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

[227] StretchDoors

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

[227] StretchDoors

Post by yrex . »

Preview:

Description: Doors made from VertexMeshes with "stretching" animations. Basic Mover-like functionality is implemented. Because of the way it works, collision can't be handled precisely. Instead it's handled in on/off way. You must enable flat shading, otherwise some models will look ugly. Not tested online.

Download: https://sites.google.com/site/mojunreal ... hDoors.zip
Last edited by yrex . on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Re: [227] StretchDoors

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

Interesting, I could see this being useful for cobwebs or some organic gateway.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

This is what the build engine at least in Shadow Warrior, could always do and Unreal couldn't. Though it did it with bsp....

I like this, though perhaps it can be easly ported to 225/ut too, I don't know yet.

The only error it gives right now is this:
Warning: Failed to load 'StretchDoors': Can't find Function in file 'Function Engine.Actor.TriggerEvent'
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

I don't think this would be a good idea.

First, the old versions don't support flat collision, so user would have to simulate it by placing a Mover panel. While it is technically possible to do and I could SetPropertyText the bUseMeshCollision, the problem is that it would make the package "seem to work", and the user would later be surprised, why there's no collision. Even worse if they playtest it on 227, where everything seems to work and then expect it to work on old versions if it loads. So I guess it's best if the package fails fast instead of pretending to work.

Another problem, the meshes would disappear when viewed at some angles. You can't work around this.

Also, one mesh requires flat shading (the one made before I developed an alternative method of converting).
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I don't think this would be a good idea.

First, the old versions don't support flat collision, so user would have to simulate it by placing a Mover panel. While it is technically possible to do and I could SetPropertyText the bUseMeshCollision, the problem is that it would make the package "seem to work", and the user would later be surprised, why there's no collision. Even worse if they playtest it on 227, where everything seems to work and then expect it to work on old versions if it loads. So I guess it's best if the package fails fast instead of pretending to work.

Another problem, the meshes would disappear when viewed at some angles. You can't work around this.

Also, one mesh requires flat shading (the one made before I developed an alternative method of converting).
Yes you can work around the mesh disappearing. Daewon made a script that fixes this. I used it in unreal psx upb-e1l3c for that enviromapped panel mesh, it doesnt disappear from view but it used to. Tested with both classic and UT. It came with the released demo so you can check it out for yourself.

EDIT: UPB-E1L3B it was, not C.
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal Projects”