For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

flicker flicker blink blink

UnrealEd 2.1 (227i) and UnrealEd 2.2 (227j), for Unreal 227. With many additions, bugfixes and improvements. Ask mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

flicker flicker blink blink

Post by dustinechoes849 »

aye

So I'm making a map in UED 2.1, featuring rotating illoominaties:
The Movement>RotationRate>Yaw is set to 15000 so they rotate.

All is good in-game, but the movers flicker like crazy in-game. I'd supply a screenshot, but all the BMP screenshots I take in Unreal are corrupted for some reason.

Anyone know how to fix the flickering (and possibly the screenshot issue, lol)?
Thanks! :D

[edit] I JUST ADDED MORE MOVERS AND NOW THEY'RE ALL INVISIBLE IN-GAME!!! AHHHH!!![/edit]
Last edited by dustinechoes849 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Re: flicker flicker blink blink

Well, I replaced the small triangles and a high-poly mover with rotating static meshes, and all seems to be working. Is there a limit to the amount of movers visible at once or something? :-?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Yes but it also depends on you rebuilding the map properly too. You could still do it without staticmeshes but the flickering is a common problem.
dustinechoes849
OldUnreal Member

Yes but it also depends on you rebuilding the map properly too. You could still do it without staticmeshes but the flickering is a common problem.
what build settings should I try messing with? :D

Return to “UnrealEd 2.x, the Unreal 227 editors”