For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Odd crash in Key menus

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
Bane
OldUnreal Member

Odd crash in Key menus

Post by Bane »

I've noticed for a long time that whenever I try to goto a key config menu, my game will suddenly crash, much like I used the "exit" command. I recently found out the cause of this, while trying to learn how those menus work. They get your key bindings with the "KEYBINDING" console command, it is used on every single one of the 255 possible keys. Long key binds will, for some reason, cause a crash.

The crash is similar to ones I've seen for infinite loops (i.e. function foo() calling foo() always), in that its a sudden, error-less crash, and the log file suddenly cuts off. The "KEYBINDING" command is natively defined, so it can't be changed, except (presumably) in the upcoming 227 patch.

The crash probably doesn't affect the majority of players, because it only happens when you have really long binds. However, Coop admins might have long binds (one of my coop binds is what was crashing me), and it is very annoying to have to set INF, Serp, and RealCTF binds without being able to access the menu.
Author of Hide and Seek mod, and the NALIBALL mod

Hide and Seek can be downloaded from:
http://HideNSeek.5u.com
BOZO
OldUnreal Member

Re: Odd crash in Key menus

Post by BOZO »

Not sure if it is related but on my Ver 225 DirectX development machine I noticed that when I try to go to AdvancedOptions it doesn't bring it up correctly and ends up usually crashing Unreal. This only occurs if I am in Full Screen mode. If I try it when I am in Windowed mode - no problems occur.
Darn Floppy Feet!!
{KDS}BOZO/BOZO/LordBozo
Verdigo
OldUnreal Member

Re: Odd crash in Key menus

Post by Verdigo »

This bug crashes my entire sever when someone (anyone, usually my brother) tries to join using a keybind with IP address, admin password, and sometimes game password. It happens just about everytime we press the button. I'm not sure if I fixed the problem by using a TXT or not. Probably not since im lazy. Next time I turn on my server computer I'll make it crash and get the error for you to pick apart and compare.

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”