For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Demo rec/play does crashes UnrealGold under wine

for Unreal & UnrealTournament
plouj
OldUnreal Member

Demo rec/play does crashes UnrealGold under wine

Post by plouj »

You can find more info in this bug report:
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4357
I wonder if someone who has access to the unreal source could findout why those errors appear, and maybe write a fix.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Demo rec/play does crashes UnrealGold under wi

Post by Smirftsch »

this aint a wine / linux bug, its a general problem, and unfortunately not that easy to fix. We are working on it, but its not sure if this will/can be fixed in 227, maybe it has to wait until 228.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
plouj
OldUnreal Member

Post by plouj »

I'm curious who exactly are the people who are working on these patches, and if there is any chance I could help.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

i'd say its a question of what you're willing and able to do. Currently working for the mainpart (aside of a lot of other helpers, dont be angry with me if i forgot someone now): Smirftsch (Coding),Shambler (Coding), Bozo (Fixing Meshes and Scripting), Wolf, Zombie, got some fixes and info from Zora & Winged, Hyper.NL, DieHard and all people you see in the 226bugs forum, the URP Project (the S3TC textures make it even more worth to use it, although not directly included), and of course the UTPG Team and Epic for advices and the sources. I'd love to see it as some kind of community project, because without the community it would be not only nearly impossible, but useless, because who should use it then ?

What part are you intersted to help with ? There are that many bugs left....the sources however can't be given to you, just the public headers.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
plouj
OldUnreal Member

Post by plouj »

Ah, thats too bad. I would prefer some kind of coding/debugging job.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

sry man, im not allowed to.

Return to “Linux-Board”