For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal under recent (20030115) wine

for Unreal & UnrealTournament
smh

Unreal under recent (20030115) wine

Post by smh »

Hi,

I'm trying to get Unreal 1 to work under Wine. There are so many reports of it working that presumably I'm just doing something stupid. I've downloaded the 226 update because I heard the original doesn't work. I've installed using wine and the installer and that went fine. Then I used wine to install the 226 update - also OK. When I launch the game a spash screen appears but then it hangs. I've obtained the NVidia GFX stuff, and that must be working OK because Quake2 runs like a charm using default Open GL. I've tried changing the renderer to Glide but that made no difference. I've also removed the default fullscreen mode - still the hang.

Any clues?

thanks,

-Simon.
smh

Re: Unreal under recent (20030115) wine

Post by smh »

I have no idea what the problem was, but Wine 20030219 seems to fix it. Must have been a glitch in that particular release.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Unreal is running great with my OpenGL patch which you can find in my download section. I run Unreal myself in Wine now for months, and currently get 109 FPS @ 1024x768 in a second x-server (4.3.0)
My System specs: Athlon XP 2100, Geforce 3 64MB, 512 MB Ram.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
sikatsu
OldUnreal Member

Post by sikatsu »

We will see how my inf serve ris running with linux ty
to smirf ;)
Homer

Post by Homer »

Hi there!

U'm running Unreal w/OpenGL patch on my Debian woody/sarge mix with wine 20030618 and the 419somewhat nVidia drivers. Runs pretty well. Anyone knows how I can adjust the gamma? It's pretty dark, and the brightness slider doesn't work, as you knw.

Thanks!

edit: naaah, forget it.... RTFM manual sometimes helps.... totally forgot about xgamma.
Last edited by Homer on Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Linux-Board”