For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Judges

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Judges

Post by EvilGrins »

After years of skinning (at least a decade's worth) this is the first skin I ever used Skinmaker on. My old skinning method is no longer available to me, although a lot of what I used to do I still do.

Just can't use UnrealEd anymore.

The original template for this was from the comic book skins that Chris Ollis made, and gave me permission to edit. Originally it had no team colors and only 1 face.
Now it has full team colors and 10 faces.

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ie2tcax ... _Judge.zip
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Re: Judges

Post by OjitroC »

Certainly look interesting (as always) thumbsup

So what's the background to these? Presumably based on Judge Dredd and the street judges of Mega-CIty One but not on any of the actual judges?
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:36 pm Certainly look interesting (as always) thumbsup

So what's the background to these? Presumably based on Judge Dredd and the street judges of Mega-CIty One but not on any of the actual judges?
The default skin was Judge Dredd with no other faces, but I figured why not make it with more faces while I was giving it team colors...

While the talk textures are from Dredd's comics of other judges, the faces are the default UT faces placed under the helmet, along with their actual names from the game.
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Post by OjitroC »

So what are the names of the Judges that you used as the talk textures for Slain and McClane? Those are the two I've used - to go alongside Judge Dredd and Judge Death that I already have as ScriptedPawns.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:56 pm So what are the names of the Judges that you used as the talk textures for Slain and McClane? Those are the two I've used - to go alongside Judge Dredd and Judge Death that I already have as ScriptedPawns.
Slain is among the names for default UT characters, and as for McClane... it was Christmas, Die Hard is an XMAS movie!

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”