For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

where to buy

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
RottenOso

where to buy

Post by RottenOso »

Hello everyone, it's been years since I've played. Not sure if anyone would remember me, for the most part I went by Whiskey, if you're old enough to be from Heat.net I was david13npiw on there. Anyways, I've been wanting to play again and I can't find the game anywhere. Any suggestions on where to look?
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: where to buy

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Honestly, if you want a legit copy, buy a used disc off of ebay or something. On digital distribution platforms, Unreal franchise is delisted everywhere.

Now, less savory ways of obtaining the games should be clear to any internet denizen with their head screwed on straight but if you need help, stick to PMs. Mine are always open.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

🏴‍☠🦜⛵☠️🏴⚓ Yarr! There surely are some good ol'e Pirates left on the interwebs that can lead you to a fine copy of Unreal, Unreal Gold, Totally Unreal or Unreal Anthology. But we are not allowed to link to the good stuff here because of legal reasons. ⚓🏴☠️🏴⛵🦜

But imo nothing beats a legal, physical copy. You need a CD-ROM/DVD-ROM player (External USB DVD-burners are super cheap these days)
Unreal, Unreal Gold, Totally Unreal or Unreal Anthology can still be found as new-old-stock at shopping platforms like Amazon. Unreal has been sold for a very long time so there should be plenty of secondhand copies offered at sites like eBay, Craigslist, Marktplaats.nl, Medimops.de and whatever local selling sites there are.

The sad thing is that, with all digital delivery platforms Unreal seems to be unavailable for some reason. Even store.epicgames.com does not sell Unreal. Steam does not have it. GOG does not have it. So either buy an old physical copy or go with the pirates.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Right now, a number of Unreal CDs are available on Amazon and eBay. They vary from 30 to 5€, it's not hard to get your hands on it.
You must construct additional pylons.
RottenOso

Post by RottenOso »

thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over looking an easier way to buy it, like a digital download. I decided to go ahead and order it on amazon and it should be here in a week or 2.

Return to “Unreal 227”