For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Favorite Unreal music

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.

Favorite Unreal music

Post by Age »

For me dusk, especially it's section 1.
SweMonkey
OldUnreal Member

Re: Favorite Unreal music

Post by SweMonkey »

2nd section of eversmoke (and 2nd section of fourth ;) )
Last edited by SweMonkey on Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

I like the hidden remix song in Unreal of Bluff Eversmoking...its in one of the Newmca's...can't remember which one though
Image  Image
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Hm, hard to say. Unreal has a lot of great music. A few things coming into my mind:

Flyby music
Endgame music
Temple of Vandora - Action track
Noork's Elbow
Many of the RTNP soundtracks of which I don't know the names...
Last edited by Hyper on Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

Favorite? I have no favorite.....

It only depends on how the music is used in specific parts of any map made for Unreal\UT99.

Like how DCrater was used in Operation: Na Pali (But that was UT99 anyways..) The 2nd section was completely unused in Unreal, I wonder why?

- Fenix
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

When i played Unreal for the first time, i was struck by the fog in Vortex, that was just incredible (640 x 480 x 9-11 frames a second :) )That was something ive never seen before in any game. Than it switched to Nyleve, nothing special at first, but when i walked out, and the music started to swell, and looking at the scenery having this huge cliff and waterfall in the distance. I didnt move on there, i just re-started the game endlessly so i could listen to the music and look around in Nyleve by the waterfall.

So [ch9834] [url=http://www.celticwarriors.net/Downloads/Media/Music/Unreal/DuskHorizon.mp3]DuskHorizon.mp3[/url] has by far the most memories.

Not sure which song i actually like most, cause i got three which are all awsome and cant really pick oné of them, none of them is really related to a map except UNREALS

[ch9834] [url=http://www.celticwarriors.net/Downloads/Media/Music/Unreal/Isotoxin.mp3]Isotoxin.mp3[/url] That nummer is plain awsome, super cool beat to pump you up.

[ch9834] [url=http://www.celticwarriors.net/Downloads/Media/Music/TechDemo95/UNREALS.mp3]UNREALS.mp3[/url] When going through the TechDemo 4 years ago, this number was playing, and i thought to myself this really is Unreal, just an unbelievable cool number bringing back memories about Unreal. Though it never ended up in Unreal, it might be my favorite. I played this one for hours and hours.

Than there my third number [ch9834] [url=http://www.celticwarriors.net/Downloads/Media/Music/UnrealMainTitle.mp3]UnrealMainTitle.mp3[/url] which i only know under that name, it sounds like its from Unreal, but never could find to which map it belongs and what the actual title is. Unreal or not, to me that number to represents Unreal to the bone.
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweMonkey
OldUnreal Member

Post by SweMonkey »

theres one song from the tech demo i listened for hours , i used it on a map i made, -

i re-builded a map from the tech demo in a newer version of unreal, for a time ago

[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8246/wootbymegi6.png[/img]
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Favorite? I have no favorite.....

It only depends on how the music is used in specific parts of any map made for Unreal\UT99.

Like how DCrater was used in Operation: Na Pali (But that was UT99 anyways..) The 2nd section was completely unused in Unreal, I wonder why?

- Fenix
The second section was used in Unreal, the third wasn't used I think.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

theres one song from the tech demo i listened for hours , i used it on a map i made, -

i re-builded a map from the tech demo in a newer version of unreal, for a time ago

I think Oblivion from CW and/or Phoenix made a new version, which is something i always wanted to do to, including high res textures. I am curious for your version, is it somewhere available for download ?
SweMonkey
OldUnreal Member

Post by SweMonkey »

i just uploaded my 'old' map, if your interested: [url]http://files.filefront.com/Castle7z/;9377422;/fileinfo.html[/url]

btw last edited in unreal 227
Last edited by SweMonkey on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fxsr789

Post by fxsr789 »

The second section was used in Unreal, the third wasn't used I think.

Still doesn't change the fact it was used to good effect in the first levels of Operation: Na Pali. Lol I loved that map pack...

- Fenix
SweMonkey
OldUnreal Member

Post by SweMonkey »

i just uploaded my 'old' map, if your interested:

btw last edited in unreal 227
EDIT: forgot to place playerstart when i last edited it :P so

[url]http://files.filefront.com/Castle7z/;9377422;/fileinfo.html[/url]
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I like just about everything.
But my top 10 would be:

SpaceMarine (RTNP)
Fourth
Fifth
Hub (7?) (DCrater)
Flyby
Unreal Title (EndGame)
Dusk / Twilight
Shared Dig (Rrajigar Mine)
SETI (Ceremony)
Hub (3?) (TheSunspire)
bluedruM
OldUnreal Member

Post by bluedruM »

Warlord. Good percussion ;)
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself....
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

As it seems that now I finally have all tracks (instead of those which are 404 on Celtics), I can say that I like very many of them... They are all very great, probably the most liked from everything I listen to. So my most liked would be:
Chizra and Darkside of the Moon (Chizra remix by Elisha)
Shared Dig and DIG (remix by Elisha)
Sunspire Hub
Unreal Main Title (Endgame) and Altered Atmosphere (remix by Elisha)
Flyby
Twilight Horizon
All Hallows Sunset
Bounds of Foundry (excellent for DMs) and Bluff Eversmoking's 2nd part (excellent for DMs as well)
WarGate

Also fun to listen to uNr3ALITY's Bad Dream, well used Unreal effects :)
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

As it seems that now I finally have all tracks (instead of those which are 404 on Celtics),

At the bottom of each page theres a button to notify for broken or wrong links, i guess its appreciated if you would fill in the report (takes a few seconds). In general broken links are fixed within the hour of receiving the complaint, if not at max 24 hours.

You should report such errors, not mention it elsewhere, where the admin only may read it accidentelly........
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Hmm, I thought about that, but didn't have time. But if it matters, then OK. Sent you that.
And accidently found a few more songs! :)
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Yeah, got your list :)

Its too late now (4 in the morning) but i will have a good look at it tomorrow.

Needs to be said, if you are saying certain files have the wrong extention, thats i bigger problem lol, i am pretty much a retard if it concernes that. For music files and movie files, i depend heavilly if not completelly on others(which are mentioned on the site)

But ill see what is wrong, missing or broken. And thanks for the list, since i also depend 99% on people reporting errors.

Return to “Anything else ?”