For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

D3D.dll From Unreal Gold!

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Stubby

D3D.dll From Unreal Gold!

Post by Stubby »

Hi!! I read somewhere that if you replace the D3D.dll that came with the 226f patch with the one from Unreal Gold the performance and graphics would improve, is that true? If so, where can I find that D3D.dll from Gold? I did find one link to it, but it was no good. Thanks!! I know, I could go buy Unreal Gold, but I already have Unreal, UT, and RtNP (stand alone version). Okay, while I have a captive audience, I do have one more question;D Everyone I've talked too seems to think that OpenGL is the way to go with Unreal and UT, but I'm having a heck of a time with it!! I've d\l'ed the latest patches for both games and added the lines in the system directory and still my OGL looks like crap. For example, the mountains in the distance grow and shrink at will, which looks horrible. What did I do wrong? Thanks!!!!!!!!
hund_schraube
OldUnreal Member

Re: D3D.dll From Unreal Gold!

Post by hund_schraube »

i was a voodoo chile and recently bought a g4 4400 ti.i couldnt understand how ut and unreal could look so bad.i found that if i ran opengl in 32 bit color it looked better and cleared up the artifacts you were talking about.i dont know what card you have but for nvidia i'd run opengl instead of d3d.
Stubby

Re: D3D.dll From Unreal Gold!

Post by Stubby »

Thanks for the reply hund_schraube! At present I am running a GeForce2 Ultra, and you made a point I haven't thought of; namely running UT in 32 bit instead of the 16 I've been running. I'm going to give that a try. Speaking of UT, have you tried 'Operation; NaPali' yet? The first time I played it was in D3D, now I'm going to try it in OpenGL. Thanks for the reply and have a GREAT day!!! (or evening, depending on where you are!!)

Return to “Unreal General Forum”