For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

What is better?

This forum is for the new audio renderer for UEngine 1 based games, like Unreal, UnrealTournament, DeusEx and Rune. Missing a Game? Want to develop yourself? Let us know!
Nali
OldUnreal Member

What is better?

Post by Nali »

Creative EAX Patch (with DM, CTF) or Oldunreal Multimedia Patch 0.2? And Chris Dohnal's OpenGLdrv Update 3.2 or OpenGL3.0 from OMP? I can't choose.

Second question about OpenAL. In Windows 98SE I haven't music with AL Audio enabled. At start game I hear short noise and music turns off. In Unreal is the same problem, but after several restarts music even so appears. In Windows 2000 and XP all OK. Soundcard is Audigy, CPU - Athlon 1333, version of UT - 451b. I try to change settings in advanced options - no effect, music plays only through DirectSound (not 3D). Can you help me with this problem?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
Nali
OldUnreal Member

Re: What is better?

Post by Nali »

Kill me for my bad English but answer, please!
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

better...tough question :) for the opengl, its the same, we are using the renderer from chris, as written down in the included readme.
For sound, well, i made openal in a way which allows to create new effects, to create maps which sound more real. It also improves already existing sounds, adds things like for example underwater.
It maybe offers more for mappers and in the end, more for the players.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Nali
OldUnreal Member

Post by Nali »

Sorry I was little wrong formulated question. Need I Creative EAX patch if I use OMP or OMP fully interchange it?

AL problem resolved.
Last edited by Nali on Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nali
OldUnreal Member

Post by Nali »

Please, answer to the question above. If i use OMP it's need to install Creative EAX patch or it useless after OMP?

Happy New Year!
Kerilkkorn
OldUnreal Member

Post by Kerilkkorn »

I don't believe you should, I don't remember installing it.
War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left...
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

it isnt needed, but it shouldnt hurt, however no guarantees for unpredictable side-effects
Nali
OldUnreal Member

Post by Nali »

it isnt needed, but it shouldnt hurt, however no guarantees for unpredictable side-effects
Big thankx, I haven't questions anymore.
Raven
OldUnreal Member

Post by Raven »

Well I have similar problem. I have Audigy 2 and Logitech 5.1 sound system and in OpenAl i can't hear a damn thing while I'm moving. When I stop moving all i can hear is some noises, and everything sounds so bad... I'd like to use OpenAl (because of EAX) but I'm forced to use fmod. My OS is WindowsXP and I have latest OpenAL installed.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

the latest OpenAL may be the cause of this problem.
They made some major changes which will probably force to re-write a bigger part of my code.
Wanted to update it anyway...
Raven
OldUnreal Member

Post by Raven »

I've set as devise Generic Hardware and OpenAL works superb :D

Return to “ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games”