For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Need UnrealII.ini!

Unreal2 seems to vanish more and more too. Time to put it up here :)
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Need UnrealII.ini!

Post by KillerSkaarj »

I don't know how but my damn Unreal 2 .ini file got screwed up (almost everything in the file was deleted, wtf?), and I can't reinstall because the FREAKING Unreal Anthology disk is retarded and won't let me.

Can anyone grab a default .ini (or, most preferably, one with a completed game :P (if that's even where the missions get saved after you've played them)) and send it to me?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by KillerSkaarj on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Re: Need UnrealII.ini!

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

I don't know almost anything about U2, but isn't a default ini file included in the game? And whatever the problem is, are you sure that your ini file is the cause of the problem?
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Saved games are savec in Unreal2/save :)

As for .ini, Unreal generates a default blank .ini file if you delete one, so you should have no problem.
You must construct additional pylons.
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Unreal generates a default blank .ini file if you delete one
U2 does? Cuz U1 doesn't...
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Post by GreatEmerald »

Lol Darksider, U1 does too :P If you keep the Default.ini intact, though. And Killer, yes, try deleting it, and see if it generates a nice one. Just again, you didn't mess with your Default.ini and DefUser.ini files?
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Hmm I thought it was weird in the first place... It looks like I don't have Default.ini at all... But I replaced it from another installation of Unreal which I did exactly for purposes like wiping Default.ini, accidental changing default Unreal maps, etc.
KillerSkaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by KillerSkaarj »

....Wow. In all of my rage, I had completely forgotten about the Default.ini. Well, U2 works now, and this time, I'm setting the file to Read-Only.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Return to “Unreal2 General Forum”