For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Jump Boots

Ask UnrealEd 2 mapping related questions, or give hints, tips and tricks
hlk_Bah
OldUnreal Member

Jump Boots

Post by hlk_Bah »

How do I go about changing the height the jumpboots can jump? I am importing a map from UT99 to Unreal, and a lot of the pick-ups are high up. I don't wish to use translocators, which is why I want to edit the jumpboots. Thanks in advance!
I was so poor growning up, it's a good thing I was a boy, otherwise I'd have nothing to play with!
GreatEmerald
OldUnreal Member

Re: Jump Boots

Post by GreatEmerald »

You have to subclass JumpBoots, override this state:

Code: Select all

state Activated
{
    function endstate()
    {
        if ( Owner!=None )
        {
            Pawn(Owner).JumpZ = Pawn(Owner).Default.JumpZ * Level.Game.PlayerJumpZScaling();
            Pawn(Owner).bCountJumps = False;
        }
        bActive = false;
    }
Begin:
    Pawn(Owner).bCountJumps = True;
    Pawn(Owner).JumpZ = Pawn(Owner).Default.JumpZ * 3;
    Owner.PlaySound(ActivateSound);
    While( True ) // Fix multiplie jumpboots issues.
    {
        Sleep(1);
        if ( !Pawn(Owner).bCountJumps )
        {
            Pawn(Owner).bCountJumps = True;
            Pawn(Owner).JumpZ = Pawn(Owner).Default.JumpZ * 3;
        }
        else if ( Pawn(Owner).JumpZ!=(Pawn(Owner).Default.JumpZ*3) )
            Activate(); // Deactivate if we aren't the active boots.
    }
with all Pawn(Owner).Default.JumpZ*3 changed to Pawn(Owner).Default.JumpZ*JumpModifier when JumpModifier is var() int, then add your new actor to the map. If you're doing it the myLevel way, you'll have to then configure the JumpModifier, of course.
Last edited by GreatEmerald on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament”