For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Alternative UnrealEd

This Board was made to give Unreal projects a home- if you need a place to discuss about your mods, campains, to offer your projects for download, to seek members for it.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Alternative UnrealEd

Post by yrex . »

Originally, I made this as a replacement for the beta editors, which always crashed on startup for me. It turned out, that with a simple change the compatibility can be extended to possibly any game that uses UnrealEd 1. While I'm here, I also did some bugfixes and improvements. Still, expect some incompleteness or instability.

Tested with (besides the betas):
Jazz 224
Jazz 400
Unreal 200 - you need to copy (or symlink) Unreal.ini to AlternativeUEd.ini
Unreal 225f
Unreal 226

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by yrex . on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: Alternative UnrealEd

Post by luke11685 »

Will this solve problems like properly loaded map NyLeve.unr in jj3d alpha public tech demo? Will I be also able to turn jazz jackrabbit 3(in unreal engine/editor 1) in 2D?
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

No, it only fixes problems with the crappy editor GUI (such as the "runtime errors").
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Okay. So does it mean I will never be able to load NyLeve.unr map in jj3d? Where should I extract these folder directories?
Last edited by luke11685 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Unreal Projects”