For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

NET pass

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

NET pass

Post by Shivaxi »

You know how in GOLD u cant enter a pass for a server?

you gonna fix that? :-?
Image  Image
Pitbull
Administrator

Re: NET pass

Post by Pitbull »

Smirftsch is working on a patch for 226f version, which is not U Gold. As far as I know U Gold is not going to be patched at all.
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

Smirftsch is working on a patch for 226f version, which is not U Gold. As far as I know U Gold is not going to be patched at all.
Nice... not good news for all the recent Unreal Anthology buyers.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

its a good thing i got a 225 version of unreal too then :P
Image  Image
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

I was under the impression it would fix all versions of Unreal including UnrealGold :-? :-?

Basically it brings all version 224, 225, 226, Gold to 227, that was what thought ? ?
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

I thought so as well. I guess that I was wrong. :-/
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

Well maybe I missed something then in the forums, because I just went from what I read on the forums. My impression was the patch was for 226f.

StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

I'll wait for Smirftsch to have his say on this. If the answer is no then it could end up leaving a lot of people left out.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

In the first place we wanted to make 227 backward compatible and only with a possible 228 question break the compatibility -

but since UGold and 226 are different branches it seems to be impossible to make it Serversided netcompatible (and a LOT of fixes are Serversided) with every version anyway- Legend made it impossible with creating an Unreal-Gold which is not compatible to 226f - UGold-Server Admins already know that. And there seems to be no way to "fix" that (at least not within a reasonable amount of time and work - if possible at all, and 227 is delayed already enough).

Reading on it on the 227 page, Gold cannot be updated on the Serversided end. But i cannot find out what happens on the Client side.

But it could also be that he ment, to make it also work for Gold, he HAS to break compatebillity.

So no clue lol, and i guess we need Smirftsch to clear that up.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

Where is Smirftsch anywayz? :-? I hope he's working on the 227 patch :P
Image  Image
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

uh what ? who ? :P
well, the question is easy to be answered.
The patch can be applied to any version, although currently only regular unreal is supported. Why ? Because I don't have the sources for the UPAK stuff. So at the current stage it allows me only to make a patch for ugold which would remove upak, or it has to be included with one of the upak versions around that were made to play upak maps without gold. My question at epic about that stuff remained unanswered so far.
What the final solution will be is currently somewhat unclear to me. Please state your opinions.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

uh what ? who ? :P
well, the question is easy to be answered.
The patch can be applied to any version, although currently only regular unreal is supported. Why ? Because I don't have the sources for the UPAK stuff. So at the current stage it allows me only to make a patch for ugold which would remove upak, or it has to be included with one of the upak versions around that were made to play upak maps without gold. My question at epic about that stuff remained unanswered so far.
What the final solution will be is currently somewhat unclear to me. Please state your opinions.
I see no reason U Gold should be excluded, meaning Epic should give the sources to you. They already trust you enough for the Unreal code so I see no reason the remainder can't be attained. I for one know why you continue support for Unreal Smirftsch. I also don't like to play alone. I'm fortunate enough to have both versions, but like was mentioned before alot only have U Gold or in the case of newcomers the Anthology boxset. Whatever becomes of your work though will most assuredly be apprecciated. Whatever the outcome you can rest assured of having my support.

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

I would break compatibility and remove the Upack so all versions are lined up, and /or create your own Upack to solve problems for eventual maps and such that come with UnrealGold or RNTP.

I think the coolest patch would be if any game(gold or not) can be patched with the same patch, so theres little confusement on which version needs what patch, like it is now...
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

remove Upak.. its not being used online. And if it needs to be, stuff can be exported and brang back into their own .u packages for the new 227.
Last edited by jackrabbit on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Yep, thats what i mean.

The rare stuff that may need can be updated. Cant be that difficult really.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

so I'd need a dll independent upak version. I know there is some stuff floating arround, but is it known to work ? Can someone of you verify it, and provide me a version i can build in ? Including maybe permissions by the original author ?
I will contact epic again and ask if i can use such a version. The problem on their side seems to be that the upak stuff doesn't seem to be in their hands (wasnt it originaly legend who brought it in ?), but if I'm allowed to provide a dll independent version, everything would be fine.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Shivaxi
OldUnreal Member

Post by Shivaxi »

contact epic? lol. how does one go about doing that anyhowz? :-?

i got a few things to say to there face...FACE!!! >:(

:P
Last edited by Shivaxi on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image  Image

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”