For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

scubagear messes up inventory

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

scubagear messes up inventory

Post by Turboman. »

not really a huge bug, but sometimes it can be really annoying.

When you have the scuba gear in your inventory, and it runs out and dies, it messes up your inventory order, usually shifting the currently selected item to another (even if its not the scubagear thats selected).
this can be really annoying when lets say you have the flashlight selected, and your scuba runs out, and it automatically switches to the next item, like lets say a forcefield.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: scubagear messes up inventory

Post by TCP_Wolf »

This is actually a "feature". Every item that runs out will automatically call "nextItem()" as a precaution to avoid the possibility that a "none" item may be selected. This is okay when the currently selected items runs out, but very annoying if something else that wasn't the current item runs out.

I believe fixed that in UTF, but only for UTF specific items. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle to put that into the normal Unreal patch 227, if Smirftsch reminds me again when I'm home I can probably dig out the code.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Bane
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bane »

uh. Wouldn't the fix just be a check to see if the scubagear is the currently selected item, and if not, don't call NextItem()?

Hmm. I just looked at the code. It's odd.
from UsedUp in Pickup.uc:

Code: Select all

Pawn(Owner).NextItem();
if (Pawn(Owner).SelectedItem == Self) {
      Pawn(Owner).NextItem();      
      if (Pawn(Owner).SelectedItem == Self) 
            Pawn(Owner).SelectedItem=None;
            }
I don't get why it calls next item, then checks to see if it is still selected, calls nextitem again, and THEN de-selects. It's obviously to check to see if you only have one selectable inventory item (NextItem is always the current item)... but why the hell does it test it twice?  If you can't think of a reason for that, just deleting the first NextItem call should fix the problem.
Author of Hide and Seek mod, and the NALIBALL mod

Hide and Seek can be downloaded from:
http://HideNSeek.5u.com
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Yup that's probably it. I just can't look up code at work and when I'm home I am usually doing other things than remembering what I wanted to post ;)
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”