For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Some thoughts about multiplayer support...

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to Clive Barker's Undying here.
han
Global Moderator

Some thoughts about multiplayer support...

Post by han »

Undying has no multiplayer, however it does still have the IpDrv package in it, so it should be possible to get it working and I'm thinking about giving it a try for some time now. My ultimate goal would be to have a Coop Mode for it, but as a first step i would try to add Deathmatch. However it would be nice to have at least one Deathmatch map for it. Is anyone willing to make a singleplayer to deathmatch map conversion of one of the maps or contributing otherwise?
Last edited by han on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Some thoughts about multiplayer support...

Post by BobIsUnreal »

i can test such a thing if you make it, and would be interested,
i played thu undying and its a pretty cool game for being unreal engine.
i have even ported some maps into unreal, althought there just for lulz becuse bsp gets mess up.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Undying just arrived. :)
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Ok finally installed Undying, played a bit. Seems quite nice. However, after some time figured out to export classes, and started digging a bit around. Seems like there is some mp code still around and some graphics, like the player selection menu:
http://coding.hanfling.de/und_player_setup.PNG
However, there are things like buttons, etc. missing for main multiplayer menu. No undying speficic join/create multiplayer game menu, but at least the uwindow game list windows seem to still in undying.
Anyone around willing to make some UI graphics for the multiplayer part?
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Some small status update. Client always crashs after a few seconds, but i still have no clue what causes this.

However, i noticed that Actor.bScryeOnly and PlayerPawn.bNeverAutoSwitch are in native replication statements, but not in UC ones, and thus lack a replication index. However, adding these to the uc statements didn't solve the crash, but i guess adding these needs to be done in any case. Maybe this helps someone else at some point in the future.

However, i still have some ideas what i could try, but this would require creating C++ Headers, which is a huge amount of work, but will probably happen at some point in the future.
Last edited by han on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monto

Post by Monto »

Well I just took the server files (UCC.exe and startserver.bat) from Unreal Tournament 1998, put them in the Clive Barker's Undying/System folder and I managed to get a working server. However after joining the server with the 'open IP' command, my game crashes with this message: https://gyazo.com/6fdc0f40498951b6b5e44fe7e65d5dc2

Log from the server console:

Server files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/heixdidhpgrrdbh/server.zip

Any ideas how to make it work? PS. If you read this please reply so I know that there is at least someone who read it. Thank you.
Last edited by Monto on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UndyingRevival

Post by UndyingRevival »

Hi! I'll introduce myself first. I the head of the Russian fan community on game Clive Barker's Undying! I am developing a modification for the game that will add an open world, a new storyline, and multiplayer to the game. Here is the link to the group https://vk.com/undying1923 ahhh! Turn the page into English, and then everything is written in Russian. We need your help in development, help to develop multiplayer! Let you write me an e-mail! Here is my email clivebarkersundyingrussiafans@mail.ru If you don't want to write a mail, write here on the forum. Answer me!!! Please respond! By the way the mod can be downloaded! But run it with save!

MOD EDIT:
Download link removed. Do not post full game downloads, post your mod files only.
Last edited by UndyingRevival on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monto

Post by Monto »

Hi, I just wanted to let you guys know I have made the menu assets if anyone is willing to continue with this.
Monto

Post by Monto »

Update:

I have fixed the crash and some small other things, but I don't have time to continue right now.

If anyone is willing to contribute: Github
Last edited by Monto on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alien3674
OldUnreal Member

Post by Alien3674 »

Hello.

Have you thought about completely transferring the game to the 227 patch? Either as a mod or as a separate game.
Monto

Post by Monto »

No.

Return to “Clive Barker's Undying”