For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Textures I will be working on

URP - the Unreal Retexturing Project: for those who are interested in High-Resolution Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament or may want to take part in creating them

Moderator: ahaigh01

hj_dehx

Textures I will be working on

Post by hj_dehx »

Hi Guys. I am climbing aboard to help with the conversion project. Please not the work I will be doing. And let me know if you are already working on it so our efforts will not be doubled.

I will be working primarily on Mine.utx

Textures:
- all textures for section ARCH
- rest of textures for BASE
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Re: Textures I will be working on

Post by DieHard SCWS »

We already had a long chat on TeamSpeak, to work out the details somewhat.

Welcome in the team :)

Turboman.
OldUnreal Member

Post by Turboman. »

welcome on the team hj_dehx :)

good luck on those textures :)

meanwhile might i suggest could the minedoor textures be resized so they actually fit the unreal1 door geometry? the current s3tc version has a door with the door texture leaking out to the ceiling and sides, it looks like shit to me and is one of the biggest flaws of those textures
Last edited by Turboman. on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
StalwartUK

Post by StalwartUK »

welcome on the team hj_dehx :)

good luck on those textures :)

meanwhile might i suggest could the minedoor textures be resized so they actually fit the unreal1 door geometry? the current s3tc version has a door with the door texture leaking out to the ceiling and sides, it looks like shit to me and is one of the biggest flaws of those textures
Weren't you doing them from scratch? Because thats what I heard.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Lol, last night hj_dehx and me have been working on TeamSpeak on speciffially the arches inthere, we did notice the missalignment in the original textures to the right.

My answer to hj_dehx what to do there, i said, its a judgementcall, because i don't know any level they have been used in. So your remark is interesting, in what levels/maps can we find those doors (read arches) to go have a look at them.

Btw there is only one S3TC door available in S3TC size, i do notice indeed that that one is to high. Interesting thing is, it can be repaired very easelly, and not just that, almost all other doors (except for one) are variations on the first door, and can be made very easelly once the first door is repaired :)

And the remaining, door aint complex either and can be created very easelly too :)

The mentioned textures:

http://www.celticwarriors.net/website/S3TC/S3TCTextures/Mine/Mine_Door.htm

and

http://www.celticwarriors.net/website/S3TC/S3TCTextures/Mine/Mine_Arch.htm

DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Weren't you doing them from scratch? Because thats what I heard.

He is refferring to the S3TC texture made by Epic.

And from scratch.........., where possible we recycle textures that already are in S3TC made by Epic to use as base for textures that uses the same backgrounds.

Return to “High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament”