For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

PNY G4TI4600+XP and unreal FPS?

Hardware & Driver related problems
Kick
OldUnreal Member

PNY G4TI4600+XP and unreal FPS?

Post by Kick »

hi, i have a PNY Geforce4 TI 4600 128MB card, XP pro and when i got the card, i thought i had more than 60FPS and now it's around that amount.....

I tried the newest drivers, and i have installed 224 patch with the 224 opeGL drivers specified from this website as well, it runs smooth but the FPS are still at 60 or below....

anyone having the same problem and what kind of FPS (timedemo 1 ) are you all getting with the GEFORCE4 TI4600 out there?

any help would be greatly apreciated, i hope it's not my card! :)
LOL
[shadow=red,left,300]=BAD=Kick!=>
[/shadow][glow=red,2,300]=BALLS=ATTITUDE=AND=DETERMINATION=>
[/glow]
Kerilkkorn
OldUnreal Member

Re: PNY G4TI4600+XP and unreal FPS?

Post by Kerilkkorn »

You have to select in the openGL control panel of the geforce driver :
vsync : allways off

And you seem to be limited at 60 hz, so try to reinstall your screenn driver if you have any. People reported this bug using the latest drivers (40.41). Anyway those are still beta, and don't run every game flawlessly.....
War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left...
Kick
OldUnreal Member

Post by Kick »

:D now that's what i call help by Kerilk! :D
way to go man, that vsync is the prob, now i'm getting 160FPS to around 200FPS with this like i use to, so it is the new drivers! :(

oh well, that's ok, as long as i can play unreal, i'm happy! :)

and doom 3 when it comes out! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thanks a lot Kerilk, i'm sure some peeps will be helped by this thread! :)

you da man! :D
[shadow=red,left,300]=BAD=Kick!=>
[/shadow][glow=red,2,300]=BALLS=ATTITUDE=AND=DETERMINATION=>
[/glow]
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

My framerate is varying between 40 to 100 FPS with a P4 3.0 GHz and a GeForce 4 Ti 4600. Unreal seems to be quite CPU limited, so if you want even higher FPS, you can better upgrade your CPU / MOBO as your GPU.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk

Return to “Hardware & Drivers”