For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

The definitive proof that FaiyaDG beta is fake.

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

The definitive proof that FaiyaDG beta is fake.

Post by Leo T_C_K »

It took some days to verify but here it is....
Here are recovered "undeleted" brushes from the last work that was done on EndGame.

As you can see this is stuff seen in the regular version.

Thanks to JackHonda for implementing my instructions.
Brush11.PNG
Brush16.PNG
Brush34.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: The definitive proof that FaiyaDG beta is fake.

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Brush39.PNG
Brush40.PNG
Brush41.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Brush44.PNG
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

It looks like that JackHonda did this the other way around than expected...so I'll wait until that is fixed and if it still gives the same result.

I'll explain later what I meant if I still have time. This way there might have been a data confusion.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

You can no longer edit or delete that post.
Would be handy in this case though. Okay the matter is as follows. It turns out JackHonda cannot run certain things I could, like certain versions of yrex's tools or even the old editor. So things had to be improvised. Its just it was imported over the wrong map version so this evidence is kinda faulty now, even though the same brushes seemed to have existed and then were deleted, so if ONLY I COULD DO IT ALL BY MYSELF that WOULD BE GREAT but I don't have the windows laptop at all now and have to do this step by step, now we're getting into the phase of examining the actual export table but this is gonna be rough really.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Okay....so here are the actual brushes. They have been confused with the release version ones which have the same number but are the planet stuff etc....

This could only be done with the red builder brush as jackhonda cannot run unrtot3d with the restore functionality. This is directly taken from the export table instead....

So this evidence needs to be revised and wasn't really the same evidence as we thought.

Again if I wasn't pressed into this situation I would have analyzed it myself and didn't make such misunderstood conclusions.

That might sound like I want to absolve myself from the responsibility but clearly my instructions weren't understood and he didn't properly communicate to me what he's done instead because the unrtot3d stuff didn't work...
Brush11Loc.PNG
I'm not going to show all of them here but its those tunnel pieces instead that got removed. That's where it belongs. So its not the planet actually.
That wasn't the evidence. Its this instead. Which makes it neutral thing and not the definitive proof that I thought this was.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

extremedark and extremegen also got put under microscope....extremegen its just a sheet with cables that otherwise exists but
extremedark its actually that sheet with piping over the button at ExtremeLab/ExtremeCore. Epic already removed this. But...extremedark in the may07 version has it there....
now this can be interpreted two ways
as I said to jackhonda
Its just if it really turned out to be the planet brushes then its a definitive proof but it wasn't with endgame. And here it could be also the faker playing with the brushes and importing that brush back only to find out it didn't work so he removed it or it could be epic doing it they obviously did remove it due to lighting issues...its undecisive.
I think the reason Epic themselves removed that was because it gave issues with the searchlight or something like that without external lighting. otherwise it would need to be a solid brush there...
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

There's still comparison between that and the "99" beta, here using zora's conversion. Where its actually solid brush...huh
one has to ask
Yea...what is real and what isn't huh? Is everything real, is everything fake? Reminds me of that scene from The Matrix about stuff feeling real.....
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The other points still stand in that it *seems* to be a fake given everything. Inoxx indeed didn't remember it so that seems to put it to the fake cathegory altogether with other discoveries that were discussed in the other thread (and unlike this one they are not a case of confused map data).

I find it unlikely that Inoxx would not remember making these changes. I find it also weird that a nali with a special tag was copied and just put somewhere else, together with other copied/weird material. If it was done by a different team, like the guys behind the Dreamcast port, then why would there be no mention of them anywhere or on the disc label. This surely can't count as "Unreal Beta" on itself. I would still count this as fake unless Cliff comes forward and takes a look at Solaris screenshots and confirms it. Not just his authorship but also the screenshots of the areas the hoaxer couldn't have known.

And also the apparent inconsistency with the beta I myself played (why are there no weaponpowerups on ariza despite the place for them being there, there's also no trace of the "Nick" bot etc).

Return to “Unreal General Forum”