For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

OldSparky-(DOG)- The Legacy

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

June 25th will mark the 10th anniversary of OldSparky-(DOG)-'s passing!

Few people have left such a deep footprint in the Unreal universe as Glen “OldSparky-(DOG)-" Cook.

Ask any player who knew him then or now and you will always hear words like “friend, mentor, honorable, caring, teacher, wise, leader”, to name but a few.

He was both a father in real life and also a father of an Unreal family, the -(DOG)- clan.
He faced huge difficulties as a father and met those difficulties with determination, courage, commitment and strength.

Throughout all this he strived to build up Newbiesplayground as a community and a safe haven with a code of ethics for any player, from anywhere. His kindness and efforts to help anyone connected with our game was truly humbling and his dedication to keeping our game alive and prospering knew no limits.

You will be missed and never forgotten!

To honor him, we invite all players of the Unreal community to join us for a KING OF THE HILL event on OldSparky’s favorite server:

NEWBIESPLAYGROUND.NET -(DOG)- SICKPUPPYS DOGHOUSE K.O.T.H.
(IP: 176.9.50.118:12145)

DATE: June, 25th 2024

TIME: Start: 4.00 pm UTC (6.00 pm CET / 1.00 pm EST) - open end

It would be great to see you all for some frags and have some fun in the tradition of honoring the memory of OldSparky-(DOG)-.

WOOF!

“What he stood for and believed is what everyone should strive to achieve.”
Dark Wolf

“Dedication beyond belief, to this game and his friends.”
Buster

“I have personally seen him burn a pile of disks of maps for players on Dialup, DSL and cable and mail them at his expense all over the world so they could play the maps without having to download…. There’s no cooler guy out there …”
ExecutionerMIB

“He was always so kind and supportive and much more.”
mentalhunter

“For me Sparky was not only a friend, he was also a teacher and like a father in difficult times. He always cared for others.”
£éè£å-(DOG)-

“The old man was kind, friendly, patient but most of all helpful and listening to anybody who needed it.”
Syntax-Error-(DOG)-

“If I could build a staircase from my tears … and from all memories a bridge … then I would climb to heaven and bring you back …”
Rubie-(DOG)-

“Will miss you, old wise man.”
Smirftsch

“I remember he was simply a very nice and gentle guy.”
Diehard

“Those we love don’t go away,
They walk beside us every day.
Unseen, unheard, but always near;
Still loved, still missed and very dear.”

The -(DOG)- clan

Return to “Unreal General Forum”