For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Screenshots for FUN!

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Screenshots for FUN!

Post by Hyper »

Skaarj wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:08 pm Telefragged!

It can move! I was shocked.

Funny portals.
I love the mirror and the teleporter. I would be tempted to summon nali and cows between the teleporters. :p
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Skaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by Skaarj »

What Unreal looks like on 386@40MHz.
The device is a real 386, called hand386.
Video is sped up.
Darkness is possible due to the limitation of the video card in 256 colors.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Skaarj wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:56 am What Unreal looks like on 386@40MHz.
The device is a real 386, called hand386.
Video is sped up.
Darkness is possible due to the limitation of the video card in 256 colors.
Not playable but quite impressive that it even starts. Unreal requires more RAM than most 386 systems have.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

You could have posted a direct link as I was unable to decypher it until now. (or wait you actually did it seems, nevermind wonder why it didn't display correctly then)

added in media tags now

Now let's see.

I just saw the video. What the hell are you doing? Shiny Surfaces and everything on? Dude no wonder it lags so much. You can actually make it playable believe it or not if you play with the graphic settings enough.

Like I remember zeur telling me he even turned off most of the lighting for it to run smooth back in 1998, like it was similar to rmode 6 basically what he was seeing. I forgot the name of it though, its a var bool. But it is somewhere in the settings. Like yea all dynamic lighting turned off and that kind of stuff. Some stuff might be only possible on old versions of unreal. Running 225f for performance in this case might not be the best option.

Also why didn't you make this a new thread? This is not a screenshot. And its interesting enough for a new thread.
Skaarj
OldUnreal Member

Post by Skaarj »

I disabled reflections, turned off lightmaps, and other settings, but the improvement was minor. If with maximum settings, I was getting 1 frame per minute, then with minimum settings, I got 1 frame in about 40 seconds. Maybe later I'll try different versions, I ran 225f and 226f, there was no difference. The Unreal 1995 tech demo showed the same performance.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Skaarj wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:07 am I disabled reflections, turned off lightmaps, and other settings, but the improvement was minor. If with maximum settings, I was getting 1 frame per minute, then with minimum settings, I got 1 frame in about 40 seconds. Maybe later I'll try different versions, I ran 225f and 226f, there was no difference. The Unreal 1995 tech demo showed the same performance.
Bnolighting was false for zeur, turned curvedsurfaces/shinysurfaces off. All the quality settings to lowest. But then again he said it wasn't 386 actually.

I just didn't know for sure what it was. It was 486 dx2 with 16MB ram when I asked him, so its still better than your thing.

given this I might suggest trying "mini225" from yrex, it was a special version with low res(but scaled within the engine like s3tc) textures that ran on some ancient laptop I had to once take so that I could playtest maps when I wasn't home, the upsx e1l8 maps specificaly that he worked on. Maybe that will run better given it will use way less memory.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Full listing of the current UT Corps...
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/201155.html
...and incorporated Skaarj Squad.

An exclusive association as they won't let me join.

These bots are configured after players I've known in Unreal/UT forums:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:30 pm Full listing of the current UT Corps...
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/201155.html
...and incorporated Skaarj Squad.

An exclusive association as they won't let me join.

These bots are configured after players I've known in Unreal/UT forums:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Even I am there? Though I only rarely played as the Nali skin honestly. On UT I usually play most of the time as the PS2 Skaarj Hybrid or skaarj boss.

On Unreal my most usual player class used to be male3 bane. But with some custom skins I sometimes started to play more as other characters. On "227" I started to play as one of the ut2k4 skaarj too.

Long ago I used to sometimes play as the "fantomas" skin that is seen on my profile picture on beyondunreal, that particular picture is of the fantomas pawn from the gott mod though. Its both included as a pawn and as a male1 skin. And sometimes switching to "Woah" character from the same mod, I used to have a config where I switched them on fly with exec txt commands. And used them for different configurations, like Woah on coop on Zora's had asbestossuit, regular me had kevlarsuit and fantomas had toxinsuit. Depending on the hazard in the maps I'd switch them, because I kept having the inventory loadout different on each of those names.

The thing with Unreal even with regular coop is that it saves config upon exiting map. That means if you rejoin the map each time afterwards you get the same inventory you had while you last exited a map with that particular name. That's how Unreal coop works by default barring mods. So you can imagine you can use this to your advantage especially with switching names.

Woah had several non standard characters in the name and I had to use external file to set that name (it was rather common among players).
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:42 amEven I am there?
Yep.

Seemed appropriate given I got the building blocks for that skin from you.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:38 pm
Leo T_C_K wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:42 amEven I am there?
Yep.

Seemed appropriate given I got the building blocks for that skin from you.
Alright. Well if you want those early skins from me that I mentioned, you can download the old Gott mod, it hasn't been worked on since 2007 though (apart from some test updates some of which i lost). The 2007 version doesn't work under UT unfortunately, the previous 2006 release had a separate Unreal and UT version actually. I started the mod in 2004, well twice over actually, the first version got lost with harddrive crash, the second version got finalized in 2005 and there was 1.1 update in 2006 and another update in 2007. The initial 2004 version was a little wackier and had pawns like "windowsbrute" in it too.

But the skins even with the 2007 release should work under UT as they are regular Unreal skins and should work with the oldskool models mod and what not.

The entire mod was just satire though.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Anyone posting anything Christmas/XMAS themed before Thanksgiving must die!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Previously done on FB: Last screenshot dump for 2023!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Moving from 8 to 12 screenshot posts for 2024

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Happy Multi-Colored Bunny Eggs Day!