For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Ranger

UT now belongs to the "old" Unreal as well. Supporting it for OpenGL and Sound its time to put up a board now.

Moderator: Buggie

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Unreal Ranger

Post by EvilGrins »

Sajon Waku made 3 Power Ranger skins, which are all basically the same skin with no detail and flat colors but different heads. Someone awhile ago brought the Red Ranger to my attention and I only really took a solid look at it about 2 weeks ago...
...and the rest, as they say, is history!

I took the Red Ranger's textures and made all the white parts black and the red parts white. Microsoft Paint is what I primarily use for editing skins (pixel by pixel) and for it white is transparent. From there I took the textures of a black body suit from the old TRON project I never get back to, made it red and dragged it underneath. Did that over again by making the previously made black parts white, inverted the black body suit and then dragged that under... and viola! A detailed Red Ranger.

Except for the head, Sajon Waku's heads were not pretty.

Took a Flash skin's textures for the head, and placed a random face in there.

Tint edits gave full team colors and all that was left was to pick a default color.

Why purple?

Back when, UTskins site didn't have a forum exactly but it had a review section for all skins submitted. A thing which came up periodically is most skins don't use 3 colors: Pink, Orange, & Purple.

I try and use them periodically to compensate.

Anywho... enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ozltu5i0 ... ngerUT.zip
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Ranger

Post by OjitroC »

Interesting thumbsup

I've actually just (within the last week or so) used those 3 original Power Ranger skins for some ScriptedPawns. The Red Ranger skin I used on the Female Soldier (which works OK except her 'pony' tail is coloured as well) as I found some speech clips from Battle For The Grid for them and the Red Ranger clips are from Lauren the Red Samurai Ranger, so they had, of course, to be used with a Female Model.

So I may now go and look for a voice that fits the Purple Ranger.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:53 pmSo I may now go and look for a voice that fits the Purple Ranger.
I've been using the Scarface voicepack, it's on UA.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

What's up with the veins even through the costumed parts and is that nails on the feet? :o

I think ironically power rangers skin would work better with stuff like male1 unreal model because it doesn't have the exagerated boots and shoulder pads etc...
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:21 pm What's up with the veins even through the costumed parts and is that nails on the feet? :o
Toes.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:06 pm
Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:21 pm What's up with the veins even through the costumed parts and is that nails on the feet? :o
Toes.
It looks as if he had half-skaarj feet.
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:29 am
OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:53 pmSo I may now go and look for a voice that fits the Purple Ranger.
I've been using the Scarface voicepack, it's on UA.
Decided eventually to go with some voice clips from Eric the Quantum Ranger, again from Battle for the Grid. Still undecided on the weapon to give him though.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I honestly prefer some series of Super Sentai to Power Rangers, even though I only saw two series in full. I did use to see Power Rangers, mostly as a kid and later on mostly I thought of it sometimes as a great YTP material. But honestly I can't say I enjoyed most of the series. And there are some really bad and cringy ones.

Make Billy the Blue Power Ranger into Billy Mahoney instead LOL
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:24 pm I honestly prefer some series of Super Sentai to Power Rangers, even though I only saw two series in full. I did use to see Power Rangers, mostly as a kid and later on mostly I thought of it sometimes as a great YTP material. But honestly I can't say I enjoyed most of the series. And there are some really bad and cringy ones.

I actually found another Power Rangers skin, called "Lizard Rangers" which I may edit as well as it's a good design but overly simplified.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 pm
Leo T_C_K wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:24 pm I honestly prefer some series of Super Sentai to Power Rangers, even though I only saw two series in full. I did use to see Power Rangers, mostly as a kid and later on mostly I thought of it sometimes as a great YTP material. But honestly I can't say I enjoyed most of the series. And there are some really bad and cringy ones.

I actually found another Power Rangers skin, called "Lizard Rangers" which I may edit as well as it's a good design but overly simplified.
Lizard Rangers? Okay fine. Make also Skaarj Rangers, Cow Rangers, Nali Rangers, Krall Rangers, SEAGOAT RANGERS

:D
OjitroC
OldUnreal Member

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 pm I actually found another Power Rangers skin, called "Lizard Rangers" which I may edit as well as it's a good design but overly simplified.
I didn't realise I had that as it is in a .umod. Not encouraging that the maker thought it was a Boss skin and that the .utx file is named just SoldierSkins. Still it can be renamed.

Can't find any info on a Lizard Power Ranger though there is info on lizard-type opponents of the Power Rangers. May use it sometime if I can find appropriate sounds - or I may wait for your remake.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:38 pm
EvilGrins wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:50 pm I actually found another Power Rangers skin, called "Lizard Rangers" which I may edit as well as it's a good design but overly simplified.
I didn't realise I had that as it is in a .umod.
It's here · https://unrealarchive.org/skins/unreal- ... c755d.html

Return to “UnrealTournament General Forum”