For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

High Latency on HyperCoop Servers

The official board of Hyper.nl Unreal Services. For anything regarding Hyper's website and Unreal game servers.

Moderator: Hyper

Robaxlin
OldUnreal Member

High Latency on HyperCoop Servers

Post by Robaxlin »

Hi all

Robaxlin here,

I am experiencing high latency/Ping on HyperCoop and HyperCoop Custom Maps.

There is considerable lag and delay on both servers that I have tried.

I have provided screenshots below as examples of this

I live in Ireland and this server is located in the Netherlands so I don't think that geographical location is the issue I usually have low latency and ping for this server all other servers seem to be fine for me so I just thought I'd make note of this in case other players are experiencing this as well

Regards,
Robaxlin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robaxlin
OldUnreal Member

Re: High Latency on HyperCoop Servers

Post by Robaxlin »

update:

The issue seems to be solved now as ping and latency are now normal for me,

I'll post again if I see any other issues arise in the meantime.

Regards,
Robaxlin.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Hi, sorry for that. I was downloading some huge files over the same connection. I used a download accelerator and I think that congested my residential internet connection on which my servers are hosted. Good news is that the downloading is done.

Sounds amateuristic? Yes, because that's exactly what it is. A hobby project on a self-hosted home server.
But this keeps hosting affordable so I can keep offering the service for free in the long run.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Robaxlin
OldUnreal Member

Post by Robaxlin »

Ah that explains it then.......

The servers have been running fine since then and at least next time it might happen again I'll know the cause of it.

If it's a hobby you enjoy doing no need to explain it to me its your computer after all thumbsup

Regards,
Robaxlin

Return to “Hyper's Unreal hideout”