For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Sound is glitched at main menu

Unreal Unreal and more Unreal
Davidbanan

Sound is glitched at main menu

Post by Davidbanan »

When I booted up unreal today It started playing a bunch of random weapon sound effects, at first i thought I'd opened UT by mistake, the sounds didn't stop when I entered the game, or when i put volume to 0, does any one know what is wrong?
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Sound is glitched at main menu

Post by Hyper »

You can make it easier for players to help you by including additional information such as:

The version/patch of Unreal you are using
The Unreal sound system you are using (Such as Galaxy, OpenAL)
The Unreal.ini settings of the sound system you are using
Any sound related errors you may find in Unreal.log (Or post the entire Unreal.log file here after you checked that there are no passwords in there)
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Davidbanan

Post by Davidbanan »

Hyper wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:59 pm You can make it easier for players to help you by including additional information such as:

The version/patch of Unreal you are using
The Unreal sound system you are using (Such as Galaxy, OpenAL)
The Unreal.ini settings of the sound system you are using
Any sound related errors you may find in Unreal.log (Or post the entire Unreal.log file here after you checked that there are no passwords in there)
Ok, so I did figure out where the sound was comming from (It was Steam overlay browser that auto started a video) so I don't need any help.

Is there anyway to mark a post as done or delete?
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

It's fine. Usually threads can stay. You already mentioned that you found a solution and when the thread stays others who have the same problem may find it using Google etc and read your solution.

If you really want it removed you can contact a moderator who can do this.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Its funny because some of the beta versions of Unreal had a genuine bug like this where sounds in memory would randomly start playing after a certain sound, all in sequence.

Return to “Unreal General Forum”