For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Production Line

Everything you know about music composition and music editing for Unreal. Present your music here (only free music).
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Production Line

Post by yrex . »

My attempt at making "Unreal" music. Actually, it would fit more in UT than in Unreal.

Style: Tech/Ambient
File size: 1.61 MB
File format: OGG
Duration: 3:33
The song loops seamlessly.

YouTube
Download

One sample was stolen from an Unreal song, can you guess which one?
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl
Captain_Clark

Re: Production Line

Post by Captain_Clark »

Nice work! Sounds kinda like Deus Ex in places - definitely has that "classic" sound :)

The stolen sample I'm guessing is the cutoff filtered synth used in the action section of Demon's Crater (either that or the one from Course :P ).

Out of curiosity, did you make this in a tracker or were you using a modern program like FL Studio?

SZ
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

The stolen sample I'm guessing is the cutoff filtered synth used in the action section of Demon's Crater (either that or the one from Course :P ).
No. :) (Actually, the sample comes from a song that you don't have by default in the Music directory.)
Out of curiosity, did you make this in a tracker or were you using a modern program like FL Studio?
FL Studio (you can see in the metadata). The trackers are too slow to use and too limited (also, you can reproduce the "tracker sound" in FL if you wish).
Matrix224
OldUnreal Member

Post by Matrix224 »

Around 2:00 in the song it starts to remind me a lot of Mech8, so I'll guess that as the sample  :D

Very nice work though in any case, it definitely has that nostalgic feel to it that Unreal / UT99 both gave me.
Last edited by Matrix224 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

Around 2:00 in the song it starts to remind me a lot of Mech8, so I'll guess that as the sample  :D.
Actually, the middle section of the song doesn't use that sample.

Return to “Unreal Music”