For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Evolution v1.1 Release

Unreal Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: Unreal Evolution v1.1 Release

Post by Kajgue »

Right.
Again I will state that you should get to know what the mod is doing before telling me what I am supposedly doing wrong. There is no "mystery" custom upak.u. that's vanilla, so it's not causing any harm. Why does it exist? You don't know, yet you see fit to come and spout bullshit.

This mod isn't for you if you can't follow simple instructions that clearly states all you need to do is backup System to avoid any compatibility issues. It takes zero time and effort to do so.
I am aware there are compatibility issues if you do not follow my instruction. It's the price to pay for having a one-step install.
Thanks for the clarification, but there's honestly no reason for this kindof attitude.

I've had to remove the download link for the time being until the issues of the presence of upak.u from 227i (which is official content like you said), as oldunreal does not permit the sharing of official content that would otherwise need to be paid for.

Please rectify these issues within the download, otherwise we may not allow this to be linked to oldunreal. None of this is intended to be a personal attack, please calm down.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
OmegaNexus

Post by OmegaNexus »

I loved your mod. The idea of [ch8203][ch8203]bringing improvements to all weapons through powerups, was a very fun detail, it encourages a complete exploration of the maps.
I modified your mod myself, especially Dispersion Pistol. I increased the damage of the last 2 Powerlevel Powerups (65 and 85 respectively), and turned the automatic firing module into a charge module.
Now the module instead of reducing the damage to 30, and increasing the firing rate, it increases the speed of the charged shot projectiles according to the powerlevel (now the charged shot, has the same speed as the normal shot), increases the charged shot damage according to each powerlevel (at maximum load, the damage is equivalent to 7 normal shots per powerlevel). To compensate, the ammo expenditure for each second of charge, increased according to the powerlevel (example: In Powerlevel 1, each second of charge consumes 2 ammunition from the Dispersion pistol).

I was already forgetting, with this module, to hold the charge indefinitely, as long as you have enough ammunition up to the maximum charge.

Now the Dispersion Pistol's secondary fire mode has finally become useful, especially over long distances.

Anyway, thanks for creating this mod.
Last edited by OmegaNexus on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
weestian
OldUnreal Member

Post by weestian »

Hey Shadow_code,

So i am playing Return to Na Pali (oldunreal/Unreal Evolution-edition) and I am at the Watcher of the Skies-level. So I play the big bad Ice Titan like you will find in any youtube-video, but instead of getting a log entry when jumping down the hole, I get down to new caverns where i meet a couple of Skaarjs and what not. Continuing on I get to a new hall, and meet another Ice Titan, and a few other baddies. After having beat all these, there is really no where to go unless you rocked jump to the sides and then trying to explore caverns. Nevertheless, I get to a point where i can't go further and i have no idea what to do. Does anyone have a clue what i can do here?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I played through this pack myself last year, at first I liked it somewhat (apart from the terrible way to install it etc), but what I couldn't get through and stomach it are the extended maps like extremebeg and this one and the maps that follow. Nalic2 is the absolute worst offender. He shouldn't have extended the maps imo. There were puzzles/multiple layers and maybe you had to use jumpboots at one point, I forgot but it was really bad level design how he extended the maps. At least extremebeg extensions were optional, rtnp on the other hand had it forced.

Return to “Unreal Mods”