For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Download maps in Zip or Rar instead UZ extension

Unreal Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.
EthanBaulette
OldUnreal Member

Download maps in Zip or Rar instead UZ extension

Post by EthanBaulette »

Geetings
I recently visited a page called "RubiesHome", my goal was to downoad the coopmaps, but there is a problem, to debug the files appeared a message "Cannot be extracted as files".
I downloaded the program "UTcompreze" if unfortunately I can not compress the files, so please someone who has a page with maps with the extension ZIP, RAR or zip, so there are no problems in the proper functioning of the server, folder must have all files, and without being corrupted, so please someone can help me?
Buster
Global Moderator

Re: Download maps in Zip or Rar instead UZ extension

Post by Buster »

You're looking for certain coop maps? How is Oldunreal able to help you with problems you have with another site?

Search for the maps (etc) you're looking for, and pick the format you prefer. There's a lot of Unreal 1 stuff here at Oldunreal. Just look to the left and you'll see "Downloads."

The 227 patch is available in several formats, too. Pick one.

If you looking for specific maps it's useful to list them. There's LOTS of coop maps.

Also, if you have a problem with stuff you've gotten from "RubiesHome" then shouldn't you be contacting THAT site? There's nothing Oldunreal can do about another site.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: Download maps in Zip or Rar instead UZ extension

Post by Hyper »

.uz map files are only intended to be downloaded by the Unreal client. When a server hosts custom maps, mods and other content, the files will be offered to the client automatically. Because this is a slow and uncompressed process, server owners can compress these maps with Unreal (ucc.exe), put them on a HTTP server and redirect clients to there to download them much faster.

If you want the separate maps for personal use or use at your own server, you will need to find a separate, full download for the map. This will usually include any additional files like custom sounds or textures and a readme manual file.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk

Return to “Unreal Mods”