For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Bunny Track - any chance to get it for U1?

Unreal Mod related boards can be found here. Missing one? Let me know.
azn
OldUnreal Member

Bunny Track - any chance to get it for U1?

Post by azn »

Hello, I remember listening to an interview with one of the most important mappers for Quake 3 Arena Defrag mod - not sure who was it, maybe it was Poonie but not sure.

What is important, he mentioned Bunny Tracking for UT99 - i guess it is new gametype or mod for UT99 that have the same goal as Defrag for Quake 3 - to beat the level in the shortest time. Not sure if many of you are aware of it's existence. Yet, the question is - is it possible to run it in Unreal 1 or is it too much of a hassle? I cannot tell as I am no coder - I just thing it would be a blast here if we have such possibility.

So I am just passing the word, below you can see bunny track highlights video so you can all see what i mean:
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Bunny Track - any chance to get it for U1?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Usually its not even in form of a separate mod as such, bunny track refers to maps that have very tricky jumps narrow ledges, think like matthew kagle's e2l7 maps or the lava demo (that i reused for e1l5d2 in the rework), but turned up to 11.

Basically trhere are all kind of maps that can be BT, in all gametypes possible. There are assault BT maps, ctf, MH etc. The gametype under it generally doesn't matter and it is actually less about completing it in time rather than completing it at all because some of them are very frustrating.

The MH Andromeda map and its coop version have optional BT section where if you complete individual sections it will unlock items for other players and yourself back at the start. So it gives you a reward but it is not necessary to finish the map. Understand now?
azn
OldUnreal Member

Post by azn »

I got what you said but the question still stands - is there any chance to see it for U1? :D
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

yes, something like this existed but there were not many maps for it

http://www.hypercoop.tk/infobase/archive/unrealpcube/downloads.htm -> search for UTrials. I don't think all the maps are actually here, though.
azn
OldUnreal Member

Post by azn »

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:04 am yes, something like this existed but there were not many maps for it

http://www.hypercoop.tk/infobase/archive/unrealpcube/downloads.htm -> search for UTrials. I don't think all the maps are actually here, though.
Good to know! Thanks.

Return to “Unreal Mods”