For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

files not downloading from server

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
snow
OldUnreal Member

files not downloading from server

Post by snow »

Hi all,
This is the old [TA]Snow, I havent logged in for years. I finally got everything setup and running, but when i try joining the oldunreal inf standoff server, nothing downloads. I can click any of the dm servers, and the files download right away. Any suggestions?
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Re: files not downloading from server

Post by gopostal »

Almost surely a text error somewhere. Compare your redirect lines from the different ini's and see what's missing. Could be a missing trailing slash at the end, I mess that one up sometimes.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
snow
OldUnreal Member

Post by snow »

hmm, im not sure what i should be looking for anymore lol. i havent played in 15 years. i checked the system folder for ini file, but didnt find one
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

My email is agutgopostal at gmail dot com. Send me the ini file and I'll tell you what's wrong. You can scrub the admin password if it makes you feel better but it's perfectly safe as it will go no further than me helping you.
snow
OldUnreal Member

Post by snow »

thanks, sent
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

I copied to you where your ini file was missing what it needed in my reply. I also sent you a copy of the ini from my server so you can compare them and see anything else you might need to change. If you have any other issues just let me know.
[C]smokedham
OldUnreal Member

Post by [C]smokedham »

snowball!!! sup buddy standoff aint wut it used 2 b...
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Hi Snow,

Are you using the latest (227i) patch?

I assume you probably are because you are able to retrieve the server list, but just want to make sure.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
snow
OldUnreal Member

Post by snow »

Yes, I have the latest patch. When I click to join, it just stays on "connecting". Never starts downloading anything. I've joined other dm servers with no problem.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Yes, I have the latest patch. When I click to join, it just stays on "connecting". Never starts downloading anything. I've joined other dm servers with no problem.
Side note: Have you tried it again? This problem does occur when the server just switches maps when you are joining. Rejoining will make your client download the new map (if you do not have it already) and then join the server.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
strategy-(DOG)-
OldUnreal Member

Post by strategy-(DOG)- »

did you try to join the "OldUnreal Infiltration Standoff"-server running on ip 69.64.59.248?
the server runs on newbies' dedicated server and although the control-panel showed the server running, it was stuck. i restarted the service now.
[ no tolerance for intolerance ]

Return to “Infiltration-Board”