For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Infiltration Standoff

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
BenFragged
OldUnreal Member

Re: Infiltration Standoff

Post by BenFragged »

OK we got all the hardware we need and all of the files needed to set up an Infiltration server ....we think. Tomorrow (Jan 8, 2017) we are going to put together our hardware and try to get the server up.

If we can get it working I am going to leave the server up and running to see if we can get any of the old crew back in for a good old fashioned fragging.

BenFragged
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

if there are any problems, let me know ;)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
NightWing

Post by NightWing »

Yep, Its Me... /\/ight\/\/ing, back for a spell and looking to frag for fun... any of the old timers still out there? North, Yogurt, Sven, Jus10, Gravedigger, Ambie, Grumpy, Seth, Cow, and all you TA's, Marvel's, Merlin's, etc.? Benfragged and I are trying to set up a full-time, always on INF Server... Show some interest, eh? :D
BenFragged
OldUnreal Member

Post by BenFragged »

Smirftsch. We have assembled the server and collected any info we think we need to set it up. Nightwing has the server in his possession right now trying to figure out how to get it up and running. He is better at this Tech stuff than I am. Wish us luck. I will report back and let you know how we make out with it.

Thanks!

BrnFragged
[C]smokedham
OldUnreal Member

Post by [C]smokedham »

benfragged  itz been like 7 or 8 yrz n nightwing im da only oldskooler around ne more

Last edited by [C]smokedham on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenFragged
OldUnreal Member

Post by BenFragged »

Sever up and running....I think. At least now it shows up on the master server lists but NOT in the in game server browser... hmmm...
Purple

Post by Purple »

Did you ever get that server running? It would be awesome if we could get a community going again. I used to play this game back in the day with my uncle when I was younger, brings back memories. I've been playing inf in botmatch but it isn't the same. Sad that nobody plays anymore. :-/
BenFragged
OldUnreal Member

Post by BenFragged »

Hey there! Well we got it working as a LAN server. When we try to get it running as a stand alone server we encounter problems. Nightwing has more expertise than I do in this area. I just fire an M16. We have not given up though. If we do get it working properly I will post here.

BenFragged
Purple

Post by Purple »

Awesome, sounds good. I was actually working in setting a server up myself. I got it working online after I forwarded the ports on my router and set the master server as the old unreal master server. I'm definitely not very knowledgeable when it comes to setting up servers though. I got it working through a mixture of settings I found on old forums and luck.
UnimatriX

Post by UnimatriX »

Hi There, was just browsing around and hit this forum.
Been playing under my nick UniMatriX and was in serveral clans back then but the longest period (couple of years) in SixPack (Sikatsu being clanleader).
I see alot of familiar names coming by in posts, some of them i'm still in contact with. Anyhow, would be great to see a server up and running and being able to play on a better connection then ISDN :-)

I'll check back later to see if there is any progress..

Return to “Infiltration-Board”