For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Infiltration 227

Anything related to the Infiltration-Mod
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Infiltration 227

Post by .:..: »

This is a project that focuses to update the old Infiltration mod with use of some 227 features.

Download main files from here: https://www.oldunreal.com/mods/infiltra ... tion280.7z
Download source files from here: https://www.oldunreal.com/mods/infiltra ... 280Src.rar

Changelist:
  • Infiltration weapons no longer rely on infiltration game mode for some features to work (like options for reloading, firing modes).
  • Weapons are slightly better network optimized.
  • Added decals and emitter effects for some weapons (including tracerts for shotgun and pistol).
  • Fixed some of the bot AI to work better with the weapons and on the game modes.
  • Updated scoreboard to render bigger fonts on larger screen resolutions.
  • Implemented name colouring menu from Infiltration CheatDetector.
  • Added option to disable BehindView (INFIL_StandoffGame.bAllowBehindview).
  • Added option to carry only one primary, secondary and grenades at the time for more tactical oriented gameplay (INFIL_Weapon.bCarryOneWeapon).
  • Added so that the deselected weapon can be seen on your back in third person mode (only works if bCarryOneWeapon is enabled).
  • Changed flashbang to confuse bots rather than making them frozen for some time.
  • Fixed various small glitches in Standoff gamemode (including fixed support for up to 4 maxteams).
  • Fixed several small script warnings.
  • Added UWindow main menu for the UnrealMenu console users.
  • Altered player spectating mode to make no breathing/splashing sounds when entering or leaving water. Also right clicking while spectating a player changes your camera position to the current view target.
  • Made map reset on new round in Standoff game (that includes resetting movers to original position, dropped weapons disappear, kill of projectiles etc).
  • Changed deathmessages show names in colors of which team you are in.
  • Changed login menu to have option to join spectators.
  • Changed all players respawn all at once in new round on Standoff game.
  • Fixed scoreboard display for round number on Standoff game.
  • Fixed team killing scoring on Standoff game.
  • Fixed UMenu settings menu for friendly fire scaling.
  • Added option to use different skin package on Standoff mode (INFIL_StandoffGame.SkinPackageName) as-well preventing players from switching skin in that game mode.
  • Added option for round time limit on Standoff (INFIL_StandoffGame.RoundTimeLimit).
  • Added suicide time limit to prevent griefing.
  • Made Claymore/ProxMines self destruct when they block movers.
  • Added option for score recovery (INFIL_StandoffGame.bDoRecoverScores).
  • Added option for top-5 score listing (INFIL_StandoffGame.bTrackMapHighScores).
  • Fixed animation script warning when dropping weapons.
  • Fixed some bug where endgame fanfare sound was looping on Standoff game.
  • Changed so bots try to balance teams in new rounds on Standoff game.
  • Changed "one weapon per player" mode disallow player from picking up ammo for weapons they don't carry.
  • Fixed an aiming glitch with the bazooka.
  • Changed StandoffGame to use the INF maplist.
  • Added option to disable skip level voting (INFIL_StandoffGame.bAllowInfSkipVote).
  • Disallowed grenades/rockets from being used while intermission is in progress to avoid potential spawnkilling.
  • Added remaining time and goal win rounds info to scoreboard.
  • Altered startup intermission to be replaced with "Pratice round" where players can freely respawn and kill each other, when real round begins all players lose their gained weapons/score (INFIL_StandoffGame.PraticeRoundTime is the length of the pratice round).
  • Disallowed to skip to next map upon end-game when pressing fire or jump to avoid skipping mapvotes.
  • Fixed a minor bug where players become invisible upon end-game.
  • Added option to force real-time crouching where players collision size is actually reduced (INFIL_StandoffGame.bUseRealCrouching).
  • Altered the balancing a bit with the MP5 (however you can undo this balancing 'fix' with setting INFIL_Weapon.bUseOriginalBalancing = true).
Credits
  • Original Infiltration authors.
  • Casey for cleaning up weapon code to depend less on INFIL_Player.
  • Smirftch for testing, adding decals, cleaned unused variables and exported the scripts and contents from original Infiltration package.
  • Hurrikan for pointing out various bugs and flaws.
  • Rest was done by me.
Feel free to give us feedback or suggest your ideas here.
Last edited by .:..: on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
-Hurrikan-
OldUnreal Member

Re: Infiltration 227

Post by -Hurrikan- »

First of all i want to say AWESOME  ;D

Bug/s:
- Round 0/0  still exists when you look at your scoreboard
- You get 2 points for killing teammates ( you should loose them :P )
- When you increase or decrease friendlyfire in umenu it doesn't change at all (still the same %)

Feature/s I would like to have:
- Add more commands for admins for example "adminlogin, mute, tempban, kickvote"
- Add a secondary admin or moderator (5 moderator classes aren't necessary)
- Add an option to use an other skinpackage (overriding infskins.utx gives mismatches)
- Add a round timelimit. It really sucks when there are 2 campers alive and both don't want to leave their base
- Add a suicide timelimit. In the past there were players who suicide when the round began to prevent players to kill them or finish the map fast. In ICD you can only suicide once per minute.

Question/s:
- Will claymores and proxmines be removed when they are placed in walls or movers? Sometimes they don't explode an bug the mover.
Last edited by -Hurrikan- on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldUnreal Member

- Round 0/0  still exists when you look at your scoreboard
Never paid attention to that one, but can fix it.
- You get 2 points for killing teammates ( you should loose them :P )
Another thing I never spotted since I never tested it with friendly fire enabled :P
- When you increase or decrease friendlyfire in umenu it doesn't change at all (still the same %)
Will check on that too!
- Add more commands for admins for example "adminlogin, mute, tempban, kickvote"
Not really necessary to implement on Infiltration that since I can simply make a custom AdminManager class that server hosts can use for this though.
- Add an option to use an other skinpackage (overriding infskins.utx gives mismatches)
Good idea.
- Add a round timelimit. It really sucks when there are 2 campers alive and both don't want to leave their base
- Add a suicide timelimit. In the past there were players who suicide when the round began to prevent players to kill them or finish the map fast. In ICD you can only suicide once per minute.
Will add that too.
- Will claymores and proxmines be removed when they are placed in walls or movers? Sometimes they don't explode an bug the mover.
Will check on that.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
OldUnreal Member

Update, implemented the fixes/features Hurrikan mentioned above (excluding the admin stuff).
(ಠ_ಠ)
OldUnreal Member

Here you can use as a solution to that problem: http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1316354345
(ಠ_ಠ)
OldUnreal Member

Another update, added built-in score recovery, highscores tracker, fixed other minor bugs and made bots attempt to balance teams better in standoff game.
(ಠ_ಠ)
-Hurrikan-
OldUnreal Member

Post by -Hurrikan- »

Another update, added built-in score recovery, highscores tracker, fixed other minor bugs and made bots attempt to balance teams better in standoff game.
Great news. I really like the new built in highscores tracker :D

And again here comes my new list :P

Bug/s:
  • It's an old bug. Switch to your bazooka, use altfire to get the crosshair (and be able to shoot), and throw it away. Pick it up again and you still have the crosshair and can shoot without useing altfire again before shooting.
Minor Bug/s:
  • In your serverlog you still get the message:
    "ScriptLog: **** INFILTRATION VERSION 2.5 FINAL ****"
    It could be changed to 2.7
  • In Infiltration.int file is a small mistake
    Preferences=(Caption="InfiltrationSO",Parent="Game Types",Class=Infiltration.INFIL_Standoff)
    It should be changed in
    Preferences=(Caption="InfiltrationSO",Parent="Game Types",Class=Infiltration.INFIL_StandoffGame)
  • Add an own Inf Standoff maplist. At the moment it uses the default unreal deathmatch maplist.
  • Add an option to disable inf levelvote.
  • To prevent spawnkills, players shouldn't be able to throw grenades or shoot bazooka while intermission
  • Show the remaining map time on the bottom of the scoreboard.
Question/s:
  • I know the first intermission is long so all players have the chance to join a team before the first round starts but is it possible to respawn all players when intermission is nearly over?
    Late joiners have a big disadvantage and the enemies could already be somewhere in your base.
  • It would be nice to use VotingHandler but there is a small bug when the map is over. Even when you set a votingtime to 40 secs you could force the server to switch the map to the next map in your default maplist. Just close the voting window and "jump". Is it possible to prevent it switching map while players can still vote?
OldUnreal Member

Ah thanks for the report, all that will be in for next release.
(ಠ_ಠ)
Que

Post by Que »

would be kean to test this on a server..

Question can this run side by side with UT99 Engine , or I mean will it work on the UT engine , ?..

I would like to install this infiltration :)

Greetingz BTW.
Syntax-Error
OldUnreal Member

Post by Syntax-Error »

Hi guys.

I installed Infiltration 2.80 on my server, but I do have some questions ;)

When I have  bots=2  in  Unreal.ini   but have   bots=0   in same section in  Infiltration.ini    then I always have 2 bots available in every map.
While I thought that same parameters in Infiltration.ini would overwrite/overrule the Unreal.ini settings.?

Also...
When I shoot with a machinegun, my gun moves upwards. I was told it was called Recoil.

Whatever I do in Infiltration.ini and Unreal.ini I cannot disabled this feature. I don't want my gun to move up while shooting...

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Syntax-Error
Last edited by Syntax-Error on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syntax-Error

TEN - The Errorist Network
www.errorist.tk
Syntax-Error
OldUnreal Member

Post by Syntax-Error »

Well...
Since the responses were overwhelming, I decided to install Infiltration 2.65 for the time beeing...
Since that has no recoil-option, so I don't need to disable it either ;)

Syntax-Error

www.errorist.tk
OldUnreal Member

Well to configure bots count (in Infiltration StandOff game mode), modify InfStandoff.ini:
[UnrealShare.DeathMatchGame]
InitialBots=3
To disable weapon recoil edit Infiltration.ini:
[Infiltration.INFIL_Weapon]
bWeaponKick=False
(ಠ_ಠ)
Syntax-Error
OldUnreal Member

Post by Syntax-Error »

Thanks!

[Infiltration.INFIL_Weapon]
bWeaponKick=False

Did the trick.

Syntax-Error

www.errorist.tk