For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

people i converted my dm server to real ctf Help

Anything related to the Real-CTF-Mod
chilz
OldUnreal Member

people i converted my dm server to real ctf Help

Post by chilz »

ok i converted my server to real ctf and i like it but i am having some major probs how do i make it possible for a map vote and add maps and how do i get the ut99 maps converted for the rocket x i am trying to get fixed
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: people i converted my dm server to real ctf He

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Map Conversions:

I do not know what you mean by "rocket x", however, the standard maps and the UT CTF maps converted by FOX LEADER can be found here:

http://www.oldunreal.com/realctf/index.html#downloads

Mapvote:

Real-CTF does not have map voting, and there is no UTF bridge for it. You may try to configure this for mapvoting, although it is a bit old and NOT very user friendly.

http://wolf.tcpclan.net/projects/Unreal/WMapVote.html

I am not curently aware of any working alternate map voting mods that support 3rd party mods such as RealCTF.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

ok how do i get the newer maps to go on rotation and how do i import new ut ctf maps
the rocket x is a redeemer you can fly on and pick a teammate up to capture the flag
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

New maps are to be entered into the map cycle.

Map cycles can be found in the advanced options.

Advanced - Networking - Map Lists

DeathMatch maps contain your DM Maps (Elsinore, Deck... etc), RealCTF and RealCreeper are supposed to have their own maplists there and should show up. Just add the new maps in the list under RealCTF.

Make sure you cycle through all of your new maps some time to see if all are installed properly. If you have forgotten a file, the map cycle will "hang" at a map, meaning that the next map will not load and always the same map plays again and again. When this happens, open your "Unreal.log" or "Server.log" file of your server (after shutting the server down because the file is locked while the server runs) and scroll down looking for the map which failed to load. Some message there should indicate which file could not be found.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

no thats my problem i rent the server from tnn so i dont get the advanced options and i cant find the ini file or what ever to edit the map names internally
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

no thats my problem i rent the  server from tnn so i dont get the advanced options and i cant find the ini file or what ever to edit the map names internally

That is incorrect.

If you rent from TNN you have a control panel where you can do your payments as well as maintenance on your server.

It should have a Stop, Start and Reboot server button. In addition to that you have direct FTP access to your server so you can upload files and/or remove files at will.

Its all there in your control panel. It btw would be kinda useless if can't maintain your server :)
Last edited by DieHard SCWS on Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

ok look this is the deal i basically juat wanna add ut map whether i have to manually switch the levels with admin or not so can someone tell me what to do to import ctf maps from ut theres a ut mappack2 on here and i have it but i really want to convert so big maps i have i have the programs from here but dont knowq how to use them
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

The expert on this particular topic would be

FOX LEADER

Getting back to your old question though, I would advise you to install a server in a second directory on your home computer the way you want your rented computer to be. At home you have full access and when're all done there you can just copy all your inis and everything else you need over to the rented server. If you keep your own testing server and your real one synchronized it should be easy for you to test and figure out stuff at home and only updating your rented server when you already exactly know which changes need to done in which ini file etc...
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
chilz
OldUnreal Member

Post by chilz »

its just really hard trying to do something like that when im workin so much but thats the best idea i heard yet if i wasnt a stoner i might have thought of it but i am goin to try it out when i get some time . Now how do i get hold of the fox leader i need his help for the utmap importing i tried all the programs on this site for conversion but i still cant get the maps to work
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Getting back to your old question though, I would advise you to install a server in a second directory on your home computer the way you want your rented computer to be. At home you have full access and when're all done there you can just copy all your inis and everything else you need over to the rented server. If you keep your own testing server and your real one synchronized it should be easy for you to test and figure out stuff at home and only updating your rented server when you already exactly know which changes need to done in which ini file etc...

Yep, agree 100% with that, in general i advise people to do that same thing if they rent a server, just mirror the server on your end.

Now how do i get hold of the fox leader i need his help for the utmap importing i tried all the programs on this site for conversion but i still cant get the maps to work

He has been on this site a while back, i asume Wolf ment this user:

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... Fox_Leader

I wonder btw which programs you ment ?

Return to “Real-CTF Board”