For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Need help with installation

Anything related to the Real-CTF-Mod
Gundam

Need help with installation

Post by Gundam »

Well i'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to Unreal. I've had the game for over a year now but havn't played it much. The version of unreal that I have is the gold version. I have the latest patch installed 2.66B. Is that the latest?.

Could some one give me the dumbies guide to installing the CTF mod for unreal gold? I already downloaded the 3 files off of this site. I just don't know where to put/rename the files to where they have to go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
Gundam

Re: Need help with installation

Post by Gundam »

Nevermind... I got the game running last night. The only thing I can't do now is join an online server. When I select "find internet game" I get everything but the real_ctf. That really sucked... I played a few maps with bots and I think it's a really good ctf mod. Well if anybody knows what I mean I hope you can help. In the mean time i'll try to get this going to see if I can join online servers instead of having to play against bots all the time.
Bane
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bane »

sadly, only a few ppl play RealCTF, and there are NEVER (okay, thgere are sometimes) servers running the mod. its a pity, as its my favorite mod for unreal
Author of Hide and Seek mod, and the NALIBALL mod

Hide and Seek can be downloaded from:
http://HideNSeek.5u.com
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Well yea Bane, we had a long conversation about this in the old forums, remember the beamer story? LOL

Well fact is, the }TCP{ still runs a RealCTF server in the USA which is online most of the time. You will find the the maplist and more details at www.tcp-clan.nl / servers. I forgot the port, but the IP is 12.39.48.62, just go to your Unreal Server Browser, switch to "All Servers", then sort servers by name and scroll totally down and you should find several TCP servers, one says something like }TCP{ and {KDS} RealCTF blah blah... that's it. Hope your ping is well in the USA. Timing is my only problem there, yet we had some fun matches with KDS, Minc and LW people, only too bad that in most cases they are online when I am not, and vice versa :(

But the server is still up. Please note that over the weekends it is often offline, because the machine on which it runs also hosts UUG (United Unreal Gamers) clan matches, and in those times all other server engines except the clan match engine will be shut down to avoid lag totally.

Oh btw Bane, the beamer is back in the RealCTF-C version which is running there currently :)

}TCP{Wolf
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-

Return to “Real-CTF Board”