For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Serpentine Difficulty Level Setting

Anything related to the Serpentine-Mod
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

Serpentine Difficulty Level Setting

Post by FlightSergeantRose »

Hi There,

Just wondering how to set the difficulty to 'Unreal' setting. I go to botmatch to get it started and set it to unreal, but I know that it is not on the right difficulty. On Nyleve Falls, there should be 2 brutes in the first elevator (where that guy gets thrown), and I am pretty sure there should be another 2 brutes in the elevator that opens up behind you.

The best I have been able to do is get 2 brutes and than 1 brute in the elevator behind.

I find it very frustrating trying to get it set to the right difficulty. I want it on the hardest setting. It's too bad I can't set it to Godlike, as with the non-serpentine unreal.
)Leela(-[otS]-
OldUnreal Member

Re: Serpentine Difficulty Level Setting

Post by )Leela(-[otS]- »

Hi :)

In the corridor to the elevator, which leads down is only one LesserBrute spawning.
For the other 2 LesserBrutes:
One is always there and the other has a chance of 60% to be there, so he is not always there, even on highest difficulty.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Hey ;)

Serpentine lacks an interface for such things, always wanted to update it a bit, but the usual problem, not enough time.

However, if you want to start a serpentine coop game (can use this even when playing alone) with another difficulty you can do it via console like this:

open vortex2?Game=Serpentine.Serpentine_Coop?difficulty=3

Last edited by Smirftsch on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

Thank you, I'll give that a try. I like playing in botmatch so I can save it. I don't always have the 4hrs or so to run through the whole game unless I'm co-oping with my brother.
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

Hey, just wondering what the command line is for regular coop at max difficulty.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

max difficulty?

in versions < 227
open vortex2?Game=UnrealShare.CoopGame?difficulty=3
in 227
open vortex2?Game=UnrealShare.CoopGame?difficulty=6
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

Thanks!

Return to “Serpentine-Board”