For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Shotgun Issue

Anything related to the Serpentine-Mod
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

Shotgun Issue

Post by FlightSergeantRose »

Hi Guys,

My brother and I are going to run through coop serpentine next week and I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with the shotgun. In my case, the range is terrible. You pretty much have to be standing right beside someone to hit them, and even then it doesn't seem to do much damage.

I remember years ago it was way more powerful and had good range.

Anyone else have this issue or something similar?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Shotgun Issue

Post by Smirftsch »

depends, if playing on a server with UTF installed, it's power was reduced a bit to balance the game, since the original version is extremely powerful (maybe to much compared to the other guns).
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

It's like that when I play either single player or coop.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

I remember years ago it was way more powerful and had good range.
Years ago it might have been a different build of Serpentine even. It wasn't always version 8. The shotgun might have been rebalanced.
FlightSergeantRose
OldUnreal Member

I liked it when it was over powered. I saved it for special occasions. Now I pretty much avoid it.

Return to “Serpentine-Board”