For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Wow

Anything related to the Serpentine-Mod
Aie

Wow

Post by Aie »

Wow. I didn't realize there were still people playing Serp after all this time.

Its good to see that our hard work is still appreciated even this many years later.

Latham and I have been talking about resurrecting Serp for a modern engine, but between the general improvement in quality in games over the last half dozen years, and a general lack of time on either of our parts, its more of a "wouldn't it be cool if we had the time to re-do Serp" than a "Dude. We should release this internal version of Serp that we've got for the HL2/UT2k7/Q4/Whatever engine".

In any event... just thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Take care, and happy fragging.
Buster
Global Moderator

Re: Wow

Post by Buster »

Hey hey, it's nice to hear from ya. I actually prefer the Serpentine mod over Infiltration, and always have. In fact, one of the "mods" I did of Zahltag is called DmZahltagSerp !!

I have noticed that the "FireArms 101 Revisited" page is no longer online, but I've bundled it with the "Serpentine-Gold" I've been hosting on my site. I hope you don't mind. Once I noticed the broken link I made sure that the information was made available to the public.

And thanks for all your hard work. I've enjoyed that mod (and still do) lots over the years.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

Yeah I have to agree with Buster, I like serpentine better than Infiltration myself. It's even more fun when used in conjunction with UTF (U Team Fix). When combined with that mod you can play it in standoff mode. I would love to see serpentine ressurected btw. So if you guys get some free time I'm sure it would be welcomed for the newer games.  8-)
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

ye... w00t...

http://wolf.tcpclan.net/projects/Unreal ... ntine.html

...though I did have a complaint by someone that you are supposed to "count the bullets yourself" and not have the current ammo clip displayed on the hud (remaining shots in current clip that is)...

Anyhow, if you ever redo/relrelease/patch/enhance/blah something about the mod, gimme a yell so I can adjust the game bridge according to it. All the weapon and item code needs to be recompiled so a list of changed classes would probably be the best idea to go at something like this :-)

Oh and... welcome to Oldunreal :-D
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Yeah welcome back :)

Oh and the Serpentine site is running on the Celtic Warriors site(it was actually the first mirror that was created):

Serpentine

Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Wow. I didn't realize there were still people playing Serp after all this time.

Its good to see that our hard work is still appreciated even this many years later.

Latham and I have been talking about resurrecting Serp for a modern engine, but between the general improvement in quality in games over the last half dozen years, and a general lack of time on either of our parts, its more of a "wouldn't it be cool if we had the time to re-do Serp" than a "Dude. We should release this internal version of Serp that we've got for the HL2/UT2k7/Q4/Whatever engine".

In any event... just thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Take care, and happy fragging.

Iirc the authors of serp didnt allow anyone any modification of it. A complete mod like Serp would be no problem, but to modify it...
just a short note, although i have no idea if anyone would really still care about it.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Latham

Post by Latham »

"irc the authors of serp didnt allow anyone any modification of it."

Yes, indeed, that was our policy.

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors. Hi, everybody. :)

- Latham of Serpentine
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors.   Hi, everybody.  :)

- Latham of Serpentine
Nice. Welcome to OldUnreal.   :D
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors. Hi, everybody. :)

- Latham of Serpentine
WOW
now that is impressing me now. I never expected to see you guys again. I really didn't realize it is you who made it.
Great thanx, Serpentine is the mod I'm running a server for almost all the time now it exists. Even now it still runs (although currently more with MonsterMash than in DM. )
Many friends of me were talking about it, how it could be enhanced, the missing weapons finished and such.
Currently I'm almost done with new 227 patch for unreal, which includes a new engine, new opengl (of course with s3tc support) and sound (FMOD and OpenAL), support for decals and footprints. And together with the Hiigh-Res Texture pack....
Would this engine modern enough for you ? :P
Anyway, nice to have you here!
Last edited by Smirftsch on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

It doesn't precisely apply to Aie or I, though... since we are the original authors.   Hi, everybody.  :)

- Latham of Serpentine

Yea that....

Legal Issues

Chrystalline Design explicitely prohibits deriviative work from their mod. As I mentioned on the general Game Bridge page, I hereby state, that this Game Bridge is no Serpentine-deriviative work of any kind, it is a bug-fix and compatibility adjustment! I have preserved all original features as good as my abilities allow, and I believe I have converted the entire Serpentine mod as it is in its entity with minimal/negligible changes to its code, effectively preserving the original intent of the mod.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Repzik
OldUnreal Member

Post by Repzik »

Serpentine was one of the first mods I ever downloaded. I found it really fun, using these weapons.

Until I had to reload.

I think this mod would be even bigger if reloading was simpler! I don't know if it's bextra3, bextra4, bextra2.5, etc. Someone, tell me how to reload the stupid guns!!

Other than that, I love this mod. :D
EZ's Unreal. Unreal, the EZ way.
BAH
OldUnreal Member

Post by BAH »

button bextra3 to re-load :P
Our clan (RoK) has Serpentine as a voteable mutator on one of our servers. It's not perfect, but it's way better than I could ever do hehe. It actually gets voted for quite often. I like it!
KeeperUTX
OldUnreal Member

Post by KeeperUTX »

Serpentine+OldUnreal= :D
Azhir uval nutarus. Azhir mudas ethanul. Dalektharu il dask daku. Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus. Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna.

Return to “Serpentine-Board”