For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unable to connect to oldunreal server

Anything related to the Serpentine-Mod
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Unable to connect to oldunreal server

Post by Leo T_C_K »

That's right, I get stuck in entry, loading for long time (probably uteamfix and all that stuff) and then being disconnected, while this happened to me sometimes in past, it was quickly solved by just reconnecting into server because the memory stayed there, despite seeing players ghosts, but this method disallows me completelly to join, it just takes too much of memory and I don't wanna hear things like: "get new computer", no.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Unable to connect to oldunreal server

Post by Smirftsch »

gonna check, but this is no 227 bug, so completely wrong here.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well, it is partially 227 related, because it didn't happen like this in previous patches.
I could reconnect and then it worked, but due to new method in reconnecting, this poses a problem when this is happening.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

worked for me the same way with 227 - the last time it happened - iirc, but to be honest, its been a long time since it happened for me...
anyway, I was working on the server today, maybe this explains already the problem.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “Serpentine-Board”