For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Windows XP and Serpentine BUG!!!!!

Anything related to the Serpentine-Mod
DAN

Windows XP and Serpentine BUG!!!!!

Post by DAN »

Hello, when using Windows XP with serpentine mode, the shotgun well do very little damage if any! The shotgun will fire and a pattern can be seen but, very little damage will be done to other players in the game. Sometimes, it is like you are shooting blanks. I have done a lot of testing with Windows XP and my old computer running Windows 98. When running the same maps and using serpentine mode, the shotgun will do very little damage if any damage at all! Just thought everyone should be aware of this bug.
let me know, if you have the same problems.
Dan
GReNADE
OldUnreal Member

Re: Windows XP and Serpentine BUG!!!!!

Post by GReNADE »

Yeah......Hi DAN,

You are not the only person with this problem. Please tell me which Unreal Version do you use in XP and 98. Or are you using the same files???

When I'm running Serpentine online I haven't got this problem, but when I start a Multiplayer or Botmatch. I run Unreal Gold on Windows 98SE.

Greets,
GReNADE
Darkskaarj_Elite
OldUnreal Member

Post by Darkskaarj_Elite »

well ihave windows xp and i had found no probs but my dads switchin it baxk to windows 98 :P
every night you hear a skaarj breathing next to you scream, and say over and over this is gotta be Unereal!
kamchak_2005

Post by kamchak_2005 »

I don't know if any of you are still on here but to anyone with the shotgun bug, I've been modifying serpentine to
get it working, which currently it does. However in current incarnation it is "strange". For some reason the pellets never fall at any range but it continues to spread so it's not an effective range weapon. It also has an unusual property which I am working on fixing. As the pellets fly, they increase in velocity, and equally, damage. Meaning they do more damage the farther away the target is. Up until the spread is too wide and the pellets tend to miss. Case in point; The titan takes 8-9 shots at very close to close range, it takes 6-7 shots and medium range and it takes 3-4 shots at maximum spread range (max spread still hitting the target.) As I mentioned, I am still revising it. But let me know if you wish to get a copy.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

This is exactly the reason I rewrote the firing function in the shotgun for the UTF Serpentine Gamebridge.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
PRIMEVAL
OldUnreal Member

Post by PRIMEVAL »

My shotgun does a lot of damage, sometimes a one shot kill if close enough. But I have to be friggin close to actually be able to hit them with the pellets, dangerously close because they know how to use their weapons very well. Let's just say that the range is about as long as a skaarj is tall for me....
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

I have the same problem too. I need to get VERY near the enemy. Sometimes one step distance is not enough close. I usually bump into the enemy then shoot him in the back! ;D
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

This is exactly the reason I rewrote the firing function in the shotgun for the UTF Serpentine Gamebridge.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

The weapons in Serp are all based on realistic damage, or at least they attempt to. The shotgun does very little damage the greater the range of shot, which might be going on with you. I've always noticed that about the shotgun in Serp. But if you're right next to the peep it blows off heads. It could be that there's a bug with it, but not one that I've really noticed. Could be that I'm just used to the shotgun in Serp seeming slightly under-powered. I haven't noticed any difference. I've played it using 98SE with 225 and Gold, and XP with 225, 227 and Gold. I haven't noticed a big difference. But I can be an idiot at times - LoL. One thing I did notice is a slight 'aiming misalignment' using it, but I guess I just got use to compensating for it.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
[§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ
OldUnreal Member

Post by [§Ŕ] ŤhěxĐâŕkśîđěŕ »

I, personally, avoid the shotgun in Serp as much as I can. I use it only if it is really necessary.
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

Like when you're standing behind a peep, and tell 'em to "turn around" on TeamSpeak ... BOOM goes the shotgun !! LoL

:D
Last edited by Buster on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

You people don't read much do you.... oh well then... :-X
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

That happenened while in "slomo" mode only for me (not running on 100 percent game speed), I remember this problem. And there is serpentine 9 as well.

Return to “Serpentine-Board”