For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UTF 10

Anything related to the Serpentine-Mod
Smirftsch
Administrator

UTF 10

Post by Smirftsch »

Put up UTF for now, some connection problems were reported. If you one of those who have such problems, please help to debug it

Visit http://www.hlkclan.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1046
for it.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Re: UTF 10

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Thank you Smirftsch.

Hopefully I will get more testers. You can email or private message me for the password of the HLK test server, Smirftsch has it too.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

Thank you Smirftsch.

Hopefully I will get more testers. You can email or private message me for the password of the HLK test server, Smirftsch has it too.
How about redirecting some peops to the UTF board? 8) Hint hint.

[glb]UTF Forum[/glb]
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
Xavious
OldUnreal Member

Post by Xavious »

How about redirecting some peops to the UTF board? 8) Hint hint.

[glb]UTF Forum[/glb]
Yeah, cause that place is always very lively.
As much as i try, i cannot seem to think of an interesting and amusing signature...I blame the stupid fools who stole all my ideas for decent signatures...

Fools...

I'll get you some day!
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Maybe there should be an UTeamFix forum devision at the TCP forum. It has lots of regged users already and it's close to the devver.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

Well Pitbull put it up on Green River, because he runs both Unreal and UT with UTF. Personally, I don't care WHERE it is hosted, as long as people find SOME convenient place.

The "no connection" issue is very special because it affects just a bunch of people, but those who were affected were obviously spread at random around the globe, so they only informed their "next best peer" about it.

One reason I wouldn't want a UTF board on the TCP site (though I am admin there and could at any time create my own forums) is that it has moved a couple of times. I had to reregister again and again and we usually lost all posts on the move. With the current database and PHPbb these problems are likely over once and for all, but somehow that's still in the back of my head. I like things to stay in place for eternety, avoids broken links and you always know where to find it after a 3 year absence.
Last edited by TCP_Wolf on Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Hehe, Carnage keeps dragging it around, aliens.gamepoint.net, tcpcarnage.dnsalias.net, degroenepulk.nl and all those different redirect domains, some working, some dead. But at least he has a backup now.

I still enter the forum with tcpcarnage.dnsalias.net but I don't know if he plans to keep this url open.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

me neither, LMAO, but I guess as long as an extra DNS redirect doesn't hurt anyone it's gonna work
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-
HbG
OldUnreal Member

Post by HbG »

The UTF hud shows the amount of ammo in the weapon. This was left out on purpose in serpentine, you're supposed to count your shots.

I request this feature to be removed or made optional. That or give serpentine a crosshair and make its transformation to counterstrike complete. :)
Bubbles
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bubbles »

Hey!!!  :D I know what you mean, friend HbG!!

We are both purists! And when I use my shottie on some bad boy, I like 'em to DIE !

Bub.
Bring it on boys !!
TCP_Wolf
Administrator

Post by TCP_Wolf »

The UTF hud shows the amount of ammo in the weapon. This was left out on purpose in serpentine, you're supposed to count your shots.
:-X
-=]HONESTY PAYS[=-

Return to “Serpentine-Board”