For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unrealed doesn't save .u packages (W10 Pro)

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Youri87
OldUnreal Member

Unrealed doesn't save .u packages (W10 Pro)

Post by Youri87 »

Hi there,

I've trouble saving custom made packages in Unrealed (2.1) on Windows 10 Pro. I can make a new entry inside the editor in the actor tree, compile scripts etc. But when i try to save the package the editor doesn't make the .U file inside the system folder.
Also i tried a clean install for unreal gold (anthology) without 227* patch and it still gives me the same problem.
Does someone have the same problems or knows how to fix it?
searched the internet for this but couldn't find anything... :-[

*edit*
Also tried to insert U=..\System under the [Directories] line but it doesnt keep the changes. When i open unrealed.ini again it's gone.
after this i tried to turn off the "read only" of the parent map (unreal Anthology) and apply, but when i check the properties from the map again, the read only is checked again.

please help
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unrealed doesn't save .u packages (W10 Pro)

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

- What version are you using?
- Did you select the package in the packages list? (Actor Browser, Menu - View - Show Packages)
Youri87
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unrealed doesn't save .u packages (W10 Pro)

Post by Youri87 »

Bleeder91[NL] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:53 am - What version are you using?
I have installed unreal anthology and then 227i (so the UnrealGoldPatch227i.7z file)
Bleeder91[NL] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:53 am - Did you select the package in the packages list? (Actor Browser, Menu - View - Show Packages)
I Guess that whas the problem! Now i have to check the packages instead of just select the actor in the actor tree and then save. The file is showing up in the system map.
Thank you very much!

Return to “Unreal 227”