For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

7 years later + dp/amplifier question

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

7 years later + dp/amplifier question

Post by wfank30 »

I always heard a saying, "never say never, for anything could happen!" Now after 7 years for the first time since 2013 I restarted playing Unreal Gold, but last time I used Windows XP (2001-2013), this time I used Windows 10 and Unreal Gold didn't work, but I found out about your 227 patch when I joined the forum back in 2018 (just to share the experience, I didn't believe I would eventually return to playing......) and it works awesome on Windows 10. Now the main thing:

I remember making a post about the weapons and mentioned how cool Dispersion Pistol (+4 Power Up+ Amplifier) = 1 shot kills, even for the likes of Stone Titans, Queens, Warlords, etc.... (But a user called Master Kent mentioned in my post in 2018 that "one shot kill amplifier DP works only with the original game, latest patches don't allow it". Is there a way to bring back the one shot kill feature? Programming and stuffs aint my thing (finance is), so am not good at game modding and all... so any tips to bring that feature?
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Re: 7 years later + dp/amplifier question

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

In console, type: set amplifier ampmultiplier 200
Default is 4.0
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

Bleeder91[NL] wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:30 pm In console, type: set amplifier ampmultiplier 200
Default is 4.0
Thank you. Btw, another question, how do we change weapon priority, I forgot....
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

In the menu: Options -> Weapons, you can drag any weapon up/down to reorder their priority, I think.
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

Bleeder91[NL] wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:27 am In the menu: Options -> Weapons, you can drag any weapon up/down to reorder their priority, I think.
Yeah we could in the 1998 game, but I can't find the weapon option in the Unreal Gold edition, eitherways i will check carefully, maybe its there but i can't find it.... Not much of a big deal, but always need Flak to be my no 1.

Return to “Unreal 227”