For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal 227j question

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Reborn
OldUnreal Member

Unreal 227j question

Post by Reborn »

(11/28/19) Added delta compression for saved games, also made saved games files contain save information along with a screenshot preview to show on load game menu.
Oooooh!
I've been waiting for this for 20 years!
Is this menu implemented?
Has this menu been tested?

If this is not done, what is the code for inserting a screenshot into the menu?

I'm worry...

Unreal.exe does not allow overwriting sevegame files, if they are opened as texture packages....
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Unreal 227j question

Post by Smirftsch »

this has been added into UMenu load menu and the information/texture is embedded in the .usa file as far as I remember.
And yes, this feature is working and tested :)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal 227j question

Post by .:..: »

Unreal.exe does not allow overwriting sevegame files, if they are opened as texture packages....
It doesnt actually save as a texture with the save file, but rather raw bitmap data (with the file header). And while listing saved games it just loads that raw data and generates a texture object out of it.

And the way it obtains the screenshot is simply running screenshot function as if pressing F9, but instead it just takes the data, downscales it and saves it with the saved game file (along with other information like map and timestamp).

In other words, it no longer relies on information saved with an ini file.
Last edited by .:..: on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)

Return to “Unreal 227”