For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

227i found and fixed bugs

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: 227i found and fixed bugs

Post by luke11685 »

okay sorry
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I can't install Unreal Gold Patch 227i. This is why it keeps asking me for older version.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Is it pointing to the right path? Do you have an install specifically of unreal gold, or just the regular unreal without return to na pali?
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Okay I installed the latest patch for Unreal Editor 1 for Unreal 1 myself somehow.
AlCapowned
OldUnreal Member

Post by AlCapowned »

Apologies if this has already been fixed, but I've run into a pretty consistent problem of skeletal mesh decorations crashing the game when I look at them after loading a save. Testing the same meshes in UT, the crash does not occur.  I can avoid making decorations with skeletal meshes, but the real issue is when a pawn with a skeletal mesh is killed.

My steps were: put down a knife in a map, give it a skeletal mesh, open the map in Unreal, look away from the decoration, save the game, quit, load the game, look at the decoration. Alternatively, I would place a pawn with a skeletal mesh into a map and kill it - but unlike saves with the knife, which crash 100% of the time, saves with skeletal mesh corpses seem to work on a rare occasion.

A few things I've ruled out:
-Improper material names (e.g. skin1 instead of skin01)
-Models not being vertex-welded before being exported
-Skeletons not following the traditional "Bip01" naming convention
-A model having a high polycount

The error in the log:

Code: Select all

Critical: USkeletalMeshInstance::UpdateSkeletalFrame
Critical: URender::DrawLodMesh
Critical: (SkeletalMesh SkeletalSlith.SkeletalSlithMesh)
Critical: DrawMesh
Critical: URender::DrawActorSprite
Critical: URender::DrawFrame
Critical: URender::DrawWorld
Critical: UGameEngine::Draw
Critical: UWindowsViewport::Repaint
Critical: UWindowsClient::Tick
Critical: ClientTick
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UALAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Resetting gamma
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 08/31/20 18:01:38
Last edited by AlCapowned on Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

That one was fixed already in 227j so no problem.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
AlCapowned
OldUnreal Member

Post by AlCapowned »

Great, thanks!
Rikia
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rikia »

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9968

I thought the problems were made by my skins.

Topic is about crashes.

But also, don't forget to remove extra packages from the .ini file, if you're making mods. Maybe it causes too much garbage in rebuilds.
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

I installed the latest patch and wanted to see the Directx9 render settings in the game. I entered "preferences" in the console and a white window with no settings appeared. is this a bug? If this is a bug, is there a fix for it?

and it seemed to me that with the new patch, the player runs faster than in version 226. This creates difficulties. For example, it will be difficult for the player to admire the beautiful world around him if he runs at high speed all the time.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Sergey wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:55 pm I installed the latest patch and wanted to see the Directx9 render settings in the game. I entered "preferences" in the console and a white window with no settings appeared. is this a bug? If this is a bug, is there a fix for it?

and it seemed to me that with the new patch, the player runs faster than in version 226. This creates difficulties. For example, it will be difficult for the player to admire the beautiful world around him if he runs at high speed all the time.
"preferences" opens a new window. It usually works best when you put Unreal in a window first instead of staying in fullscreen. (alt-enter)
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

Hyper wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:47 pm
Sergey wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:55 pm I installed the latest patch and wanted to see the Directx9 render settings in the game. I entered "preferences" in the console and a white window with no settings appeared. is this a bug? If this is a bug, is there a fix for it?

"preferences" opens a new window. It usually works best when you put Unreal in a window first instead of staying in fullscreen. (alt-enter)
I meant unreal gold....What you wrote is not working. I see a blank white window that doesn't have any advanced options.... in the original game, everything worked....tested on windows 7 64. how to fix it?
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

everything is already clear. This is a bug of Russian localization
Res1s7
OldUnreal Member

Post by Res1s7 »

I got a problem with the Gold patch. The save/load menu is functional but at first I thought it was completely broken as clicking on a slot to load a saved game seems to do nothing until you actually ESC back into the game to find the game loaded. I think its supposed to switch back to the loaded game automatically ?
Buster
Global Moderator

Post by Buster »

Unreal Gold has always done that when loading. The game loads paused. If you ShowDesktop=False and load a game you'll see it paused, so you just have to hit the Esc key. It's not a bug or a patch thing. It's just the way they made it.
Psychomorph
OldUnreal Member

Post by Psychomorph »

If I bind Chat on the Enter key, when typing the first key stroke is not registered, so I always have to hit the initial letter twice. This issue does not occur when I bind Chat function to any other key. I always thought of it as an Unreal issue, but asking on UnrealSP forums it was suggested being a 227 patch issue.

I assume a fix can not be imminent, so perhaps there's something I can do myself (editing something)?
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Well it seams the system was designed to eat first keystroke input which happens to be a letter in most cases, but Enter key was ignored.
Will be fixed in upcoming 227k version.
Masterkent
OldUnreal Member

Post by Masterkent »

Psychomorph wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:54 pm If I bind Chat on the Enter key, when typing the first key stroke is not registered, so I always have to hit the initial letter twice. This issue does not occur when I bind Chat function to any other key. I always thought of it as an Unreal issue, but asking on UnrealSP forums it was suggested being a 227 patch issue.

I assume a fix can not be imminent, so perhaps there's something I can do myself (editing something)?
I only mentioned a bug report for 227 on Github, but I didn't tell that it's a 227-specific issue. If you try 226, you'll face with the same trouble. A quick fix is possible as suggested in the bug report, but only for WindowConsole. You'd have to conform the modified and recompiled UWindow.u to play online without getting package mismatch errors.

Return to “Unreal 227”