For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Re: New commands and functions in 227

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
vova123

Post by vova123 »

I`m new to all this "Unreal scripting stuff" and i`m not sure, if this is the right place to ask, but i did stumble across this:
// Stops the specified or all sound slots for an Actor. These functions are network transparent,
// but unlike PlaySound() use a reliable network replication pattern and do no distance checks.
// They share the same behaviour regarding simulated functions and invokation on network clients
// as PlaySound() does. This includes that you need to run those inside a simulated function when
// PlaySound() for that slot was called inside a simulated function (note that the server can invoke
// playback of a sound inside the same slot as the client for an given actor and they will both be
// played at the same time, so sound slots are not mutually exclusive in this situation!).
// To avoid problems in netplay you should ensure that there is a slight amount of time
// between PlaySound() and StopSoundSlot()/StopAllSoundSlots() call, so both will likely be
// execute in order on the network client (note that the same argument applies to multiple
// PlaySound() calls for the same channel, so this is no new issue introduce by these functions).
native(273) final function StopSoundSlot( ESoundSlot Slot );
native(274) final function StopAllSoundSlots();
So, what is the right usage of "StopSoundSlot"?
I got the 227i patch here - https://www.oldunreal.com/oldunrealpatches.html
I tried to use "StopSoundSlot(SLOT_Misc);" and "Owner.StopSoundSlot(SLOT_Misc);" in little modification, that i made for Dispersion Pistol, but i do get errors in both cases, when i`m trying to compile. So, what am i doing wrong?
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

That is on the upcoming 227j version which isn't live yet. You are using 227i version.
Check out Actor codes with the editor to see which functions you have available.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
vova123

Post by vova123 »

That is on the upcoming 227j version which isn't live yet. You are using 227i version.
Check out Actor codes with the editor to see which functions you have available.
Oh, thanks for explaining. And there is no other way to stop specific sound or sound in specific slot from playing in 227i?
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Oh, thanks for explaining. And there is no other way to stop specific sound or sound in specific slot from playing in 227i?
No, only by interrupting the sound with another by playing a sound on same sound slot.

(I split this thread as that's not a discussion thread)
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
vova123

Post by vova123 »

No, only by interrupting the sound with another by playing a sound on same sound slot.

(I split this thread as that's not a discussion thread)
Thanks! I interupted it by playing "empty" sound in the same slot.
Working great so far.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

These functions are network transparent
Actually the networking part was removed to maintain network compat. The comment/post was just not updated to reflect that. In other words: mostly useless in that form.
Last edited by han on Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.

Return to “Unreal 227”