For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

PlayerCanSeeMe() limited to 1024 UU?

Report bugs, read about fixes, new features and ask questions about the Unreal 227 patch here. Place comments and commit suggestions.
Bleeder91[NL]
OldUnreal Member

PlayerCanSeeMe() limited to 1024 UU?

Post by Bleeder91[NL] »

It seems to me this should work whenever the player is rendering (part of) the enemy, but it is limited to 1024 UU, or close to it. I tried extending player's sightradius to no avail. I suppose LineOfSightTo() could work but I don't get why we would need PlayerCanSeeMe(). Any ideas on this?
Last edited by Bleeder91[NL] on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: PlayerCanSeeMe() limited to 1024 UU?

Post by Smirftsch »

seems this was hardcoded:

[code]
if ( (Direction.SizeSquared() < 110000.f * CollisionRadius)
[/code]
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
TONI-M
OldUnreal Member

Post by TONI-M »

Dear Smirftsch, The above expression is a decisional case with variables or a decisional case that uses a function. I don't know c, so I got curiosity. Grazie.Toni-m :)
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

it just means that it was (arbitrarily) cut off at some point for whatever reason.
Back then when designed a lot of stuff was done with performance in mind or with the at this time existing maps & mods and still works in the same way, this might be one.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “Unreal 227”